Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Optics ready plug & play pistol options

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post
    I'd much rather mill an existing slide than get one "optics ready." The Glock MOS, for instance, sucks unless used in conjunction with an aftermarket plate and even those aren't ideal.

I want the slide to hold the damn thing so tight the screws are only there as an afterthought.

Companies like Maple Leaf Firearms do a much better job.
    That's basically how I feel. Would rather grab a used glock and send it for milling than buy a new MOS.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Now, what about hammer fired firearms?
    Already listed Stacatto, SIG 226/229.

If you count LTT as plug and play - Beretta 92 and PX4’s. CZ makes optics ready CZ75/shadow variant but they seem hard to find.

AFAIK the hammer fired FN FNX 45 was the first factory optics ready gun.

Now, what about hammer fired firearms?
    Wilson Combat 1911's can come from the factory with their True Zero mounting solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    That's basically how I feel. Would rather grab a used glock and send it for milling than buy a new MOS.
    That would be optimum, but sometimes one doesn't want to wait for waiting list to get stuff done elsewhere.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    This is becoming more interesting to me. What's working out optics and mount wise on this one?
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Ever since I learned to use Loctite, I have had zero issues with the Glock MOS system.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Ever since I learned to use Loctite, I have had zero issues with the Glock MOS system.
    Yep... I still think a good milling job is better, but since we haven't established that solid footprint standard, having the ability to swap optics is big for me... since I swap optics a lot. Getting better at mounting optics has left me less displeased at the various optic ready platforms, and at this point I almost dare to say I prefer the factory Glock MOS setup to the small-screw CHPWS stuff (the Forward Controls Design OPF-G plate is awesome though). We're in the midst of an evolution of optic design, mounting, and technology and we haven't seen the "best" yet... I think.

I'm kind of curious as to what mainstream optics ready "plug and play" options are available these days.
    We have the Glock MOS line, and a few S&W M&P's.

What other good options are available- from the good manufacturers?
    FN has the best factory mounting system for optics and come with a decent amount of screws/plates out of the box.

Also have compact to full size compish pistol that are all optics ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like for the Beretta 92 there's now a factory mount on the 92X and the M9A4, though I don't think there's an official list yet for plate footprints.

User Tag List