Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Optics ready plug & play pistol options

Optics ready plug & play pistol options

I'm kind of curious as to what mainstream optics ready "plug and play" options are available these days.
    We have the Glock MOS line, and a few S&W M&P's.

What other good options are available- from the good manufacturers?
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

HK VP9 optic ready

CZ P10 series can come optic ready

Walther PDPs are optic ready

Sig P320s have optic ready models

FN 509 and SIG P226 / P229 Legion can be had optics ready.
    David S.

Beretta APX has an optic ready

FN509 has an optic ready

Not really mainstream, per se, but Canik has optic ready pistols

I’ve had the MOS, the P10c OR and the Walther (mine was a pre-PDP Q5). I prefer the CZ over the others. But it’s isn’t an option for a duty gun so I went all in on Glock.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

P365x and XL

Site Supporter
    Staccato DUO line. You can mount the DPP without any plates, and any of the other major optics with one of their very solid plates. The only downside is that Staccato no longer gives any free plates (at least that is what they told me when I got my latest, but I did order from their "heroes" program).

PDP was mentioned, but in all fairness, you do need to order a plate from Walther. You do so with an online form and mine came in less than a week. So I don't know if that counts as plug and play or not.
    Join FPC

Now, what about hammer fired firearms?
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

I'd much rather mill an existing slide than get one "optics ready." The Glock MOS, for instance, sucks unless used in conjunction with an aftermarket plate and even those aren't ideal.

I want the slide to hold the damn thing so tight the screws are only there as an afterthought.

Companies like Maple Leaf Firearms do a much better job.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Now, what about hammer fired firearms?
    Now you’ve reduced your options drastically. Sig, CZ and LTT Berettas are about the only one I can think of off the top of my head.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

User Tag List