Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: finally ordered me some red dots

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Agree. But can you see any irons in the window at all?
    You can’t align the rear and front sights through the window, but I do sort of see the very tip of the front sight in the window, kind of like this:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by nalesq View Post
    You can’t align the rear and front sights through the window, but I do sort of see the very tip of the front sight in the window, kind of like this:
    Clever use of ear pro!
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I have both a 508t and the RM06 mounted on a pair G26s so I feel like I can make a reasonable comparison for you.

The 508t is by feature-set the superior dot for sure, but so far I am at a ~20% out of the box failure rate with holosuns and 0% for trijicon. The holosuns I have that survived the first range day have so far been trouble free, and HS replaced the broken ones without drama and in a reasonable time frame.

I will say that when it comes to actual shooting performance - particularly at speed - I personally cannot tell the difference between the 508T and the RM06. Lately with all of the zeroing I am doing I am spending most of my time at the 25M line . In this context I feel like I appreciate the Holosun optics more, as the glass generally has less tint and distortion than the RMR. However when I am doing anything on the timer I feel like I truly don't notice the glass at all.

Thank you much for the great comparison description. I was stuck in analysis paralysis quite a bit over this. I was going to go with two 508’s but I just thought I’d also try the old gold standard RMR...if nothing else due to the possibility of getting a dud from Holosun, or a canted reticle etc. Anyway thanks again for the feedback and I’m excited!

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The picatinny rail on Ruger 22 pistols comes off. The mad Mac mount uses the factory screw holes for the picatinny rail.
    Woohoo you just made my day! I’ll look to order it!

Quote Originally Posted by nalesq View Post
    Here is another choice for mounting a RMR-footprint optic on a Ruger Mark pistol:

https://lobos-industries.com/product...-rmr-footprint

On my Ruger:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sweet I’ll check it out, thanks!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DacoRoman View Post
    Woohoo you just made my day! I’ll look to order it!
    My Mk III came drilled and tapped but without the 1913 rail.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Man... Now I want to put a dot on my 22/45....
    I think it’d be a real fun pistol....especially w a suppressor, which I’ll be putting on too.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DacoRoman View Post
    Thank you much for the great comparison description. I was stuck in analysis paralysis quite a bit over this. I was going to go with two 508’s but I just thought I’d also try the old gold standard RMR...if nothing else due to the possibility of getting a dud from Holosun, or a canted reticle etc. Anyway thanks again for the feedback and I’m excited!
    I'm happy to have one of each - you probably will be too

User Tag List