Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: finally ordered me some red dots

finally ordered me some red dots

So after much hand wringing, I ordered an RMR type 2 RM06 and a Holo 508T. The RMR was $449 at EuroOptic and the 508T $369 at Midway. We'll see which one I like more.

I also have a first Gen 509T unopened in a box, that I wanted to mount on an Agency Arms AOS system that I was going to send my slides for, but I decided to just go with standard RMR milling done locally for my Gen5 G19 and G17 slides.

So..I'll try to mount the 509T on my Ruger mark IV 22/45, or as an offset on an AR using an Arisaka mount.

What kind of picatinny rail adapter do y'all suggest to get my 509 T onto my Ruger 22/45?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DacoRoman View Post
    So after much hand wringing, I ordered an RMR type 2 RM06 and a Holo 508T. The RMR was $449 at EuroOptic and the 508T $369 at Midway. We'll see which one I like more.

I also have a first Gen 509T unopened in a box, that I wanted to mount on an Agency Arms AOS system that I was going to send my slides for, but I decided to just go with standard RMR milling done locally for my Gen5 G19 and G17 slides.

So..I'll try to mount the 509T on my Ruger mark IV 22/45, or as an offset on an AR using an Arisaka mount.

What kind of picatinny rail adapter do y'all suggest to get my 509 T onto my Ruger 22/45?
    I don’t know if any direct. 509T uses a proprietary mount.

It does come with an RMR foot print adapter.

Best Ruger pistol red dot mount I’ve seen is the mad macs precision.

https://maddmacsprecisiontactical.co...5-litereg.html

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I don’t know if any direct. 509T uses a proprietary mount.

It does come with an RMR foot print adapter.

Best Ruger pistol red dot mount I’ve seen is the mad macs precision.

https://maddmacsprecisiontactical.co...5-litereg.html
    Thanks, that does look like a good mount indeed. My problem is that my pistol has a picatinny rail on it.

I did find this but it’s out of stock: https://www.admmfg.com/holosun-509t-mount

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I have both a 508t and the RM06 mounted on a pair G26s so I feel like I can make a reasonable comparison for you.

The 508t is by feature-set the superior dot for sure, but so far I am at a ~20% out of the box failure rate with holosuns and 0% for trijicon. The holosuns I have that survived the first range day have so far been trouble free, and HS replaced the broken ones without drama and in a reasonable time frame.

I will say that when it comes to actual shooting performance - particularly at speed - I personally cannot tell the difference between the 508T and the RM06. Lately with all of the zeroing I am doing I am spending most of my time at the 25M line . In this context I feel like I appreciate the Holosun optics more, as the glass generally has less tint and distortion than the RMR. However when I am doing anything on the timer I feel like I truly don't notice the glass at all.

Last edited by Nephrology; 08-31-2021 at 05:47 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DacoRoman View Post
    Thanks, that does look like a good mount indeed. My problem is that my pistol has a picatinny rail on it.

I did find this but it’s out of stock: https://www.admmfg.com/holosun-509t-mount
    The picatinny rail on Ruger 22 pistols comes off. The mad Mac mount uses the factory screw holes for the picatinny rail.

Site Supporter
    Here is another choice for mounting a RMR-footprint optic on a Ruger Mark pistol:

https://lobos-industries.com/product...-rmr-footprint

On my Ruger:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Man... Now I want to put a dot on my 22/45....

Do the sights cowitness?

Quote Originally Posted by nalesq View Post
    Here is another choice for mounting a RMR-footprint optic on a Ruger Mark pistol:

https://lobos-industries.com/product...-rmr-footprint

On my Ruger:
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Do the sights cowitness?
    Not even close. But for a .22LR fun pistol, I didn’t really care about cowitnessing. And actually, shooting this pistol with no cowitnessing to speak of compared to other opticified pistols that do have cowitnessed irons made me realize I want only the very barest minimum of irons visible in my field of view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by nalesq View Post
    Not even close. But for a .22LR fun pistol, I didn’t really care about cowitnessing. And actually, shooting this pistol with no cowitnessing to speak of compared to other opticified pistols that do have cowitnessed irons made me realize I want only the very barest minimum of irons visible in my field of view.
    Agree. But can you see any irons in the window at all?
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List