Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CZ 75B - Omega Trigger or standard?

Quote Originally Posted by 4given View Post
    Range toy and house pistol. I won’t be carrying it. I have plenty of carry pistols
    What condition will you start from at the range? What condition will you stage it at in the house?

All the USPSA and IDPA competitors I have noticed with CZs are using standard DA/SA and lowering the hammer for a DA start. I have done so myself. The gunsmiths and parts swappers prefer the standard action.

The casual shooter might be better off with the standard decocker. The tinkerer could get happy with the Omega and flip flop back and forth until he settled on one system. Some might flip flop every weekend, which is not optimum.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    What condition will you start from at the range? What condition will you stage it at in the house?
    Condition Two: A round chambered, full magazine in place, hammer down

So get a D model.
    I never had a slip lowering the hammer on my "pre-B" but I was always aware of the risk. One year of IDPA SSP with it
    was enough and I went to a P226 with decocker and a Plastic M&P with nothing for the event.

The Kadet .22 Conversion is a great accessory.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    As much as I like the P-07/09, I would probably stick with the standard action in metal CZs. The P-01 Omega supposedly has some issues, that may or may not have been resolved.

Why not go with the superbly reliable action the guns were designed with in the first place?
    I agree, I recently traded my P-07 for Ruger Blackhawk in .357.. Although I never had any problems with it, I was never convinced that the omega trigger system in the P-07 was all that durable..

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    I agree, I recently traded my P-07 for Ruger Blackhawk in .357.. Although I never had any problems with it, I was never convinced that the omega trigger system in the P-07 was all that durable..
    That wasn’t my point at all. I actually think the P-07/09 Omega action is a superior design, and is as or more durable and reliable than the original CZ75. The P-07 is my choice as the best general purpose TDA defensive handgun.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by 4given View Post
    Condition Two: A round chambered, full magazine in place, hammer down
    Given your use case, I would say get either one, it will make no difference. If you get the traditional you can manually decock it and stage it for home defense. If you have to actually use it you can just unload the gun or throw the gun on the ground or whatever when the cops come, no need to worry about manual decocking under stress.

For home defense why the CZ75 over the SP01? The SP01 has a rail for mounting a light, and the extra mass up front will mean a little less recoil.

Quote Originally Posted by TicTacticalTimmy View Post
    Given your use case, I would say get either one, it will make no difference. If you get the traditional you can manually decock it and stage it for home defense. If you have to actually use it you can just unload the gun or throw the gun on the ground or whatever when the cops come, no need to worry about manual decocking under stress.

For home defense why the CZ75 over the SP01? The SP01 has a rail for mounting a light, and the extra mass up front will mean a little less recoil.
    Thanks for the input. I wound up buying a standard CZ75 B. I have no problem decocking manualy as I have done so safely for years with various handguns and lever guns. As for the CZ 75 SP01, they look nice but in this case I don't need a light. Plus it would have cost me an extra $100. It's not my only house gun. My bedroom guns have lights on them. This CZ will likely wind up being one of the basement or family room guns. I am digging the old school look and feel of the CZ75 B. I'll probably wind up puting wood grip panels on it too in order to complete the package.

User Tag List