Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: LtCol Stu Scheller Makes Another Statement

Scheller tells Trump to shove it. Does he still get your support?

Scheller, however, has publically renounced any help from Trump or his followers, saying he would "rather sit in jail."

He also said that Trump was responsible for "dividing our country."

Writing on his Facebook page on September 25, he said: "President Trump. I was told by everyone to kiss the ring because of your following and power. I refuse. While I respect your foreign policy positions, I hate how you divided the country.

"I don't need or want your help. You do not have the ability to pull US together. You may even win the next election. But your generation's time is running out. Tell your son to stop tweeting about me. Your whole family knows nothing about US or our sacrifices. I could never work with you."

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    The DuffleBlog is reaching out to the LTC with critical support services

https://www.duffelblog.com/p/duffle-...zh0gqn1DJuHxk8

CAMP LEJEUNE, N.C. – Separating from the military can be an intimidating and stressful prospect for those who have spent years honing skills with uncertain applicability in the civilian world. This is especially true if you’re forced to leave the military because of a failure to follow pretty straightforward, lawful orders. That’s why Duffel Blog has put together this resource to help navigate the choppy waters of self-inflicted economic uncertainty.

First, it’s a good idea to ask yourself why you didn’t follow lawful orders that may result in getting, at best, an “other than honorable” discharge. Maybe it was because you didn’t want to take a vaccine that 90% of your fellow soldiers, sailors, airmen, and Marines are taking (as well as literally millions of 16-year-old civilians). Or you had a legitimate concern about the handling of a recent war but decided that obeying the lawful orders of superior officers made wasn’t as effective as recording sinister-sounding threats in an abandoned bus. Or maybe “Marxism.” Regardless of the reason, write it down, because it can be used later when you start your own podcast.
    There's some underlying reason here that we may not know until after his trial and he becomes a civilian. If all that he despised about following lawful orders was the problem, it would be easy enough to resign his commission without all the social media rants. He's basically turned his disagreement into a political football which IMO isn't something one is entitled to do as a military officer.

He should have done the honorable thing just as Jim Webb (recipient of the Navy Cross) did. Serve your country in the appropriate sphere of influence. Bringing his political views to light in the manner he did shouldn't bring Scheller any rewards.

I'm not particularly interested in having a picture of me and George W. Bush on my wall.
    Jim Webb the senator.
    Last edited by Borderland; 10-04-2021 at 12:41 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Student
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rig-TODAY.html
    Lt Colonel Stuart Scheller is released from the brig TODAY: Marine who was jailed for criticizing Afghanistan withdrawal goes free after landslide of public support

By Jennifer Smith and Michelle Thompson For Dailymail.Com
    13:59 EDT 05 Oct 2021 , updated 23:57 EDT 05 Oct 2021

- Lt. Colonel Stuart Scheller Jr. is being released from the brig at Camp Lejeune today
    - The military said his lawyers reached an agreement with the Marines
    - He was put in confinement last Monday after posting videos criticizing the withdrawal from Afghanistan
    - Scheller condemned the chaotic effort that killed 13 servicemembers
    - Charges have been filed and he has been released pending court martial
    - He has submitted a request to resign but it has not been accepted
    - His family appealed for the public's help and he received $2million in donations to help with his defense

User Tag List