Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: LtCol Stu Scheller Makes Another Statement

Quote Originally Posted by fly out View Post
    Totally honest question, no agenda.

There is a fair amount of discussion out there about whether Scheller was subject to a gag order, and whether it was an "unlawful" order.

Is there anything to support the argument that he was subject to an unlawful gag order?
    Those who swear to support and defend the Constitution of the United States don't have the same Constitutional protections as the rest of us (Blue-ID Mafia included in the rest of us.)

Quote Originally Posted by KellyinAvon View Post
    Those who swear to support and defend the Constitution of the United States don't have the same Constitutional protections as the rest of us (Blue-ID Mafia included in the rest of us.)
    I get that. I'm wondering if, in this case, there is some nuance as to the timing of the gag order...perhaps there isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by fly out View Post
    I get that. I'm wondering if, in this case, there is some nuance as to the timing of the gag order...perhaps there isn't.
    .mil doesn't have to worry about how things look, or if it appears to be blatant retribution for stating the God's honest truth.

Command influence is expressly forbidden and has been since before the UCMJ. Please... take a look at what the USAF did to two Crew Chiefs at Spangdahlem Air Base, Germany in 95-96. .mil has an endless supply of lawyers and resources. A bad design on the F-15C and bad timing (a year after two Blackhawks were shot down by Spangdalhem's F-15 pilots. That's the one the AWACS back-seater was brought up on charges and acquitted.) led to two mechanics having their lives destroyed. One committed suicide the day the Court-martial was to begin. The prosecutor's conduct had more criminal activity than the defendants, Constitutional rights were denied. Defense witnesses were denied a presence. What happened? Offered an Article 15, declined for Court-martial, Big Blue doesn't pursue a Court-martial. Dammit I called that in 1996 and it happened.

McDonnell-Douglas quietly changed the problem that caused the crash shortly afterwards.

Whether it was Billy Mitchell in 1925, Mueller and Campbell in 1995, or Stu Scheller in 2021 it doesn't matter. The difference is in 2021 it won't remain largely unknown to the public.

The difference is in 2021 it won't remain largely unknown to the public.
    Known or unknown, doesn't matter. Nothing will be done about it either way.

Mueller and Campbell in 1995
    A tragic story. http://content.time.com/time/magazin...135113,00.html

Site Supporter
    I had read part of this thread, and have a level of respect for several of the posters here on both sides of the argument.

I heard this LtCol's parents on Mark Levin last night. Comaparisons to LtCol Vinman and his behavior in the Ukrane fiasco.

I have no dog anywhere near this fight, but the spin is insane!

Anything to piss on the other guy while trying to shake the piss off of your guy.

pat

If "my guy" is a nation of laws instead of a nation of men, gladly.

I'm not sure what the spin is other than Articles 88, 90, 92, and 133 being violations against the UMCJ and there being probable cause he broke them, and the fact he might align with me politically not being an excuse.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Whoa there, you are one of the ones here I respect and take time ro read.

Nowhere did I think you were spinning. In fact, I thought you bought balance or a middle ground to the arguments that I had seen.

You labled your opinions, and pointed out where they aligned with the facts... I am thinking about the various media outlets who present as fact opinions and feelings....

I found decent arguments on both sides. I am still not sure if he is a 'tard with a keyboard, an American hero unjustly persecuted, someone who needs help medically or psychologically, or all or none of the above. But I am more comfortable not knowing, and not feeling like I have to pick a side.

And you made the possibly illustrative Vinman comparison moot without even trying by pointing that as a Marine you held him to a higher standard.

I am frequently disappointed in the many of the exemplars of my profession. And use them as examples to the new guys I train of problematic behaviors.

My biggest problem right now is the only time I can particpate in the forum is after a long shift, in between taking the two required doses for my perscriprion sleep aid, before I grab about six hours of sleep before staring again.

pat
    Last edited by UNM1136; 09-30-2021 at 10:50 AM.

His statement in his first speech that he as an O5 would face far worse punishment for an EO complaint than what Biden did over Afghanistan should be ringing more true. It’s not. He’s getting my monetary support.
    #RESIST

The DuffleBlog is reaching out to the LTC with critical support services

https://www.duffelblog.com/p/duffle-...zh0gqn1DJuHxk8

CAMP LEJEUNE, N.C. – Separating from the military can be an intimidating and stressful prospect for those who have spent years honing skills with uncertain applicability in the civilian world. This is especially true if you’re forced to leave the military because of a failure to follow pretty straightforward, lawful orders. That’s why Duffel Blog has put together this resource to help navigate the choppy waters of self-inflicted economic uncertainty.

First, it’s a good idea to ask yourself why you didn’t follow lawful orders that may result in getting, at best, an “other than honorable” discharge. Maybe it was because you didn’t want to take a vaccine that 90% of your fellow soldiers, sailors, airmen, and Marines are taking (as well as literally millions of 16-year-old civilians). Or you had a legitimate concern about the handling of a recent war but decided that obeying the lawful orders of superior officers made wasn’t as effective as recording sinister-sounding threats in an abandoned bus. Or maybe “Marxism.” Regardless of the reason, write it down, because it can be used later when you start your own podcast.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List