Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LtCol Stu Scheller Makes Another Statement

Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    Some of the things he said could be construed as worrisome. For example he says that he loves his wife and doesn't know what decisions that she will make in the next 72 hours and then provides viewers with her paypal address and vemo--a way to transfer money--info. When you add that to his tone and affect it becomes concerning.
    I'd say alarming, not worrisome. He's really close to the edge. @HCM is right that someone who cares about him should intevene before there's nothing left to do but clean up.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Giving Back View Post
    Everyone has a point where “Fuck it” makes perfect sense. Doesn’t mean they’re unhinged. Personally, I’m glad the crazy colonials hit “Fuck it”, or we’d still be drinking overtaxed tea and saying shit like “Jolly Good”.

He wants off the train. I don’t blame him one bit. If I were still on active duty, I’d have already quit and handed in my shit Nothing quite as uplifting as knowing a full 1/3 of the people you’ve dedicated your life’s work to protect think so little of you and what you’ve had to do, endure, give up, and survive to give them the freedom to have such disdain.
    There is a wide variety of responses in this thread to the Col.'s videos. While I have neither the personal nor professional qualifications of many who are posting in this thread , my personal opinion on the situation is closely aligned to Sean's. Given the emotional nature of the situation, video medium may not give individuals who do not know him enough contextual clues to fully decipher his condition, intention, and potential for negative outcomes. I am attaching additional written words from the Col., that at face value, appear well reasoned and at least as rational as the USG's media interactions on Afghanistan as the existing government has collapsed.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Skinner Precision LLC official Account
    07 Manufacturer specializing in Competition Rifles

I'm not seeing anything that happened in Afghanistan that hasn't already happened when the US got bogged down in a ground war.

Lt Col. Scheller entered into service in 2005. Obviously not a history major in college.

He resigned his commission.

I wish him the best of luck going forward.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    I thought about posting in this thread, but stopped myself. The leading thought that this guy was flipping out wasn’t something I shared, but I wanted to think more about it.

Maybe he is flipping out, but I think more than anything he’s standing up for what he believes in. He’s making more sacrifices than most. Most are too cowardly to even speak up against racial sensitivity training and we have this guy surrendering his career.

Sure some of his stuff it too emotional for my taste, and he made a couple off odd comments, but the world is so insane right not that any nuttiness he’s so far displayed pales in comparison to the world around us.

Now if he did something evil then I would have no use for him, but so far he’s fought back against evil, yes in a odd way at times, and for that he should be respected.

It’s time for people to start standing up for the traditional American/western value system. Soon it will be too late and everyone will either wish they had or will be trying to figure out how to please the new overlords.

A military where servicemembers are allowed or encouraged to become political in their position is not the military that America needs. It is a direct threat to the stability of this nation. It is in every way possible counter to the ethics and regulations of serving in the US military. The irony here is that his conduct fits in the same pool of rot as the very people and problem he's complaining about.

That's Banana Republic shit.

And, regardless of the social media crowd he's giving a finite amount of superficial excitement to, there is only one way this will end...and should end.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    https://redstate.com/bonchie/2021/09...e-brig-n448831

Marine Who Criticized Deadly Afghanistan Withdrawal Thrown in the Brig

Though the Biden administration piled up so many failures over the last month that it’s been pushed off the front page, Americans are still stranded in Afghanistan. That follows a completely botched withdrawal that resulted in 13 dead Americans and pallets of taxpayer money promised to the Taliban.[

Enter Marine Lt. Col. Stuart Scheller. You may remember him as the officer who spoke out against the deadly incompetence on display and asked for accountability among the military leadership. His plea ended going viral and driving a conversation about the double standards in the military where Pentagon darlings can seemingly do anything without repercussion.

But now there’s another twist to the story. Apparently, Scheller has been thrown in the brig, being held in pre-trial detention.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    A military where servicemembers are allowed or encouraged to become political in their position is not the military that America needs. It is a direct threat to the stability of this nation. It is in every way possible counter to the ethics and regulations of serving in the US military. The irony here is that his conduct fits in the same pool of rot as the very people and problem he's complaining about.

That's Banana Republic shit.

And, regardless of the social media crowd he's giving a finite amount of superficial excitement to, there is only one way this will end...and should end.
    Agreed. Doesn't matter which side he's on with his views. He now has put himself in the same "camp" as Gen Milley and others who crossed the line.

Site Supporter
    These are not normal times for the USA, and some people will act in a way they think necessary to defend the country. I’m not troubled by this guy, but I think he has a rough road ahead.

I’m glad some people have courage, just hate that it’s going to cause him so many problems.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    https://redstate.com/bonchie/2021/09...e-brig-n448831

Marine Who Criticized Deadly Afghanistan Withdrawal Thrown in the Brig
    Wow.

Just wow….

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    A military where servicemembers are allowed or encouraged to become political in their position is not the military that America needs. It is a direct threat to the stability of this nation. It is in every way possible counter to the ethics and regulations of serving in the US military..
    I tend to strongly agree here. That said that unless there are more circumstances than we know here - the application of punishment to those that cross the line seems hardly equal. Of corse I am hardly surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Agreed. Doesn't matter which side he's on with his views. He now has put himself in the same "camp" as Gen Milley and others who crossed the line.
    I can't help but notice that only one of them is in the brig.

User Tag List