Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gamer's guns cycling tune-up

Gamer's guns cycling tune-up

I have two same model slides that had been lightened and cut for optic in different ways. Shadow 2, if that matters. One of them is about 0.5 oz lighter. I am trying to get an optimal spring set, hammer spring and recoil spring, figured out for both. My intuitive thinking that the lighter slide will need a lighter set of springs.

Any thoughts and experience?
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I have two same model slides that had been lightened and cut for optic in different ways. Shadow 2, if that matters. One of them is about 0.5 oz lighter. I am trying to get an optimal spring set, hammer spring and recoil spring, figured out for both. My intuitive thinking that the lighter slide will need a lighter set of springs.

Any thoughts and experience?
    Put the front sight back on the lighter slide and you will be at the same weight and not have to worry.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Put the front sight back on the lighter slide and you will be at the same weight and not have to worry.
    Is Legion's front sight made of tungsten, just like the rest of it? Can I have one?

Between a brass front sight and heavier screws on your SRO, you will be fine.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Maybe someone can make a tungsten bushing since I just found I needed one

Name:  20210829_180457.jpg
Views: 369
Size:  25.5 KB

I have a lightened slide because I had mine done before the weight increase.

I use the same hammer (11.5#) and recoil (12#) springs as for my Production guns. I played with a range of recoil springs, and couldn’t tell the difference.

As long as the gun cycles reliably, I’m happy.

Will you install the CGW bushing?
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I played with a range of recoil springs, and couldn’t tell the difference....

Will you install the CGW bushing?
    As soon as @cheby finds one in his garage.

I don't feel the difference in recoil but I am trying to find a combination that helps keeping the dot flatter. Cause gripping hard is hard. Currently at 13 and 14 lbs on mainsprings and 10 on recoil.

As soon as @cheby finds one in his garage.

I don't feel the difference in recoil but I am trying to find a combination that helps keeping the dot flatter. Cause gripping hard is hard. Currently at 13 and 14 lbs on mainsprings and 10 on recoil.
    As soon as my son stops singing his usual heavy metal song I will go to my garage and will find it

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    As soon as my son stops singing his usual heavy metal song I will go to my garage and will find it

I'd rather you spend some quality father-son time . Remind me, you played in a band or am I making it up?

I'd rather you spend some quality father-son time . Remind me, you played in a band or am I making it up?
    Yeah, I used to play some heavy rock shit for a long time. Then I started shooting USPSA ...

User Tag List