Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: First try with RDS

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I personally think a SRO is a little big for a 26, but that’s just me.
    I agree, depending on the context. It's a G26, so presumably concealment is a significant consideration.

In my opinion, the Holosun 507c offers the best balance of everything for a non-duty role.
    -It is slightly taller than the RMR but gives you more usable window area than the RMR. Significantly smaller than the Leupold, SRO and ACRO.
    -All the RDS instructors I'm aware of have a generally positive view of Holosun. The jury is out on which is more durable and lasts longer.
    -Reticle options. I really like Circle Only for everything out to 25 yards, including B-8's. IIRC, the circle is about the 8 ring at 25y. I shoot within a couple points either way of Dot Only on my 100pt aggregates, typically mid 90's.
    -If I wanted more robust, without additional bulk, then 508t or 509t.

The RMR is a fine optic. It's minor downsides are smaller usable window and you have to remove the optic to replace the battery. I replaced both of mine for 407c/507c's with no regrets.

The mini optics are interesting, but I haven't messed with them. There is no "standard" footprint like the RMR, I'd be hard pressed to mill for specific mini dot.

From what I can tell, the Agency Optic System will run you $65 more than Maple Leaf. That seems pretty reasonable considering the versatility it adds. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like they currently offer mini optic plates.

Cheers,
    David S
    David S.

I personally think a SRO is a little big for a 26, but that’s just me.

I have a 26.5 slide at Battlewerx right now being milled for a RMRcc. I’ll let you know how it turns out.
    I havent seen a SRO in person, I would think they would be a bit large for ccw but I really have no idea whats going on in the CC re RDS world right now. Anyway the RMRs are also on sale https://www.eurooptic.com/Trijicon-R...-2-Sights.aspx. For the CC market are the RMR 2.0s the general go to?
    What ever happened to the Delta Point Pro? Last time I paid attention they were coming out with a more durable board. Did those ever get straightened out? Are they considered a viable choice for CC?
    Did the ACRO get its battery issues resolved?

Sorry @David S. I must have been typing this when you posted. I will add when I was seriously considering this before any RDS was hard to find locally.
    If a guy was going to go with a plate system are there any specifically he should look at?
    What exactly is a mini RDS?
    Last edited by UNK; 08-29-2021 at 04:48 PM.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

I should have my 26.5 slide back in a week or two, I can toss pics of how the slightly smaller RMRcc works in the mix. I personally don’t like how the wider RMR I have on my 19.5 MOS works IWB, it may move to my (wider) 27.5.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I’ve found the height of the SRO to be a non-issue with regards to concealment. In fact, the round hood conceals better, for me, than an RMR. And I get all the advantages of the SRO’s bigger window.

I should have my 26.5 slide back in a week or two, I can toss pics of how the slightly smaller RMRcc works in the mix. I personally don’t like how the wider RMR I have on my 19.5 MOS works IWB, it may move to my (wider) 27.5.
    Good to know. I picked up a 45 MOS earlier this year on a whim. I think I may order a Trijicon from Euro optics today.
    I guess that answers my other question about a mini rds? The cc is narrower and is considered a mini?
    ETA Never mind I googled it the mini is for the narrower slide guns like 365 or 43.
    Last edited by UNK; 08-29-2021 at 06:43 PM.

I used CHPWS for my 26 slide, but I had a certificate for a free milling. But I’m happy with how it turned out. Pics in link:https://www.instagram.com/p/CQxFR2Yr...dium=copy_link
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

I’ve had/have an SRO, an RMR, 507c, 509T, Swampfox Justice, Shield RMSc, Sig RomeoZero and a Riton dot that has an RMSc footprint.

For what your friend is wanting to do I’d suggest the 507c. Mine was a Gen 1 and my only complaint was the bottom loading battery compartment.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Good to know. I picked up a 45 MOS earlier this year on a whim. I think I may order a Trijicon from Euro optics today.
    I guess that answers my other question about a mini rds? The cc is narrower and is considered a mini?
    ETA Never mind I googled it the mini is for the narrower slide guns like 365 or 43.
    Most minis are used on single stacks, but when I realized the RMRcc was the same width as a double stack Glock slide plus had what I consider to be a more favorable window design, I decided to go that way on the 26.

Here’s an illustration of the different width and window design that I stole from EuroOptic (note these aren’t milled into the slides, they are sitting on top):

Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

So looking at Trijicons website the RMR is available as adjustable and non adjustable I assume the adjustable is the one to get? I really wish I could l could see the in person side by side but very doubtful thats going to happen.
    My question is Trijicons website says I need a mounting plate AC32064 and I also see a sealing plate RM63.
    Im going to put this on a glock 45 MOS do I need both the mounting plate and sealing plate? Or will the mounting plate in the 45 MOS package suffice?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    So looking at Trijicons website the RMR is available as adjustable and non adjustable I assume the adjustable is the one to get? I really wish I could l could see the in person side by side but very doubtful thats going to happen.
    My question is Trijicons website says I need a mounting plate AC32064 and I also see a sealing plate RM63.
    Im going to put this on a glock 45 MOS do I need both the mounting plate and sealing plate? Or will the mounting plate in the 45 MOS package suffice?
    Thanks
    I have a RM07 6.5 MOA on my 19.5 right now. When I did this in 2019 I used a CHPWS mounting plate instead of Glock’s or Trijicon’s MOS plate, if I were doing it again I’d probably use a Forward Controls one. I thought the sight comes with a sealing plate, but if it doesn’t you’ll need one. (The RMRcc definitely does.)

https://www.trijicon.com/products/details/rm07-c-700679
    Ken

User Tag List