Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Complete Upper from LaRue ?

Complete Upper from LaRue ?

Checking to see if anyone here has experience with this upper special from Larue?

https://www.larue.com/products/larue...e-ar-15-upper/

thanks

Well, their ultimate upper kits are known to be a great deal.

This is essentially one assembled.

No data on whether each one is test fired, but ML does say in the comments I shot 20 rifles this week using this same 16” barrel profile and all 20 rifles averaged just over 0.400 moa using Hornady 75gr BTHP Match ammo.

I'd be inclined to get one if I was in need of another 16" rifle.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

I like that upper and rail.

LaRue barrels are hella accurate, but gas ports tend to be on the huge side.

I have the ultimate upper kit with a 16” predatar barrel which is the lighter weight version of the barrel in the link. Mine is very accurate. It’s my go to rifle. Order one of there triggers while your at it. I think larue is underrated.
    Instagram: sometimesishootCs

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    I have the 12” Larue UU. I haven’t tried to max out the accuracy, but it’s certainly not inaccurate. It’s a tank, and a little on the heavy side, but it’ll run. Because of the heavy barrel, I’ve said a few times the UU may be better in a 16” platform for applications where weight’s not as much of a concern.

Keep in mind that the handguard/rail bolts directly to the upper. I’m not sure you could easily swap other handguards in, not that you’d ever need to.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    I have the 12” Larue UU. I haven’t tried to max out the accuracy, but it’s certainly not inaccurate. It’s a tank, and a little on the heavy side, but it’ll run. Because of the heavy barrel, I’ve said a few times the UU may be better in a 16” platform for applications where weight’s not as much of a concern.

Keep in mind that the handguard/rail bolts directly to the upper. I’m not sure you could easily swap other handguards in, not that you’d ever need to.
    The upper is proprietary. You get what you get unless down the road you wanted say a longer or shorter larue brand handguard.

I use this upper for my "precision" AR. I purchased it as a kit to be assembled. Here are some groups at 100 yards, at 18x power with Leupold MK5 from a bench from a few years back:

Site Supporter
    Looks like this thread is about to cost me $699+ shipping. Thanks, thread!

Site Supporter
    @AndyT you just won the internet for a week by posting photos of larger than three round groups, and have brought even further shame to those who post 3 round groups and say “it’s sub MOA all day long”. Good work!
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    @AndyT you just won the internet for a week by posting photos of larger than three round groups, and have brought even further shame to those who post 3 round groups and say “it’s sub MOA all day long”. Good work!
    Agree. Those are realistic groups and what I would expect to see.

Larues claim of "20 rifles shooting .4MOA" is utter bullshit, unless you cherry-pick the best 3(or maybe 2) round group for each rifle.

User Tag List