Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: September Rangemaster Newsletter

Site Supporter

September Rangemaster Newsletter

The September issue of Rangemaster’s monthly newsletter has been posted. See

https://rangemaster.com/wp-content/u...Newsletter.pdf

Thanks Tom!

Thank you sir.

I’m going to give your “frugal” Dot Torture a shot-pun intended!

Well, that was a bit humbling…
    I use the original DT usually to get a feel for new gun, sights, etc. With no time limit, I can usually clean it @3y. I went clean to 7 yards years ago in a Todd Green class, but the years seem to have taken a bit of a toll.
    48/50, one shot each dropped on the shooting and support hand dots, duty G45 w/an ACRO mounted on dept. indoor range.
    Reference @JCN, I’ll also play with a time limit on this-after I clean it (and dry fire one handed, both hands!)
    Thanks to Tom Givens; I can get two runs on DT w/one ammo box…

Quote Originally Posted by 1Rangemaster View Post
    Well, that was a bit humbling…
    I use the original DT usually to get a feel for new gun, sights, etc. With no time limit, I can usually clean it @3y. I went clean to 7 yards years ago in a Todd Green class, but the years seem to have taken a bit of a toll.
    48/50, one shot each dropped on the shooting and support hand dots, duty G45 w/an ACRO mounted on dept. indoor range.
    Reference @JCN, I’ll also play with a time limit on this-after I clean it (and dry fire one handed, both hands!)
    Thanks to Tom Givens; I can get two runs on DT w/one ammo box…
    @Tom Givens hope you don't mind since I was referenced here.

Looking at the Dot Torture COF at 3 yards I would say (from open gear, allow extra 0.25 on draws and reloads if concealed):

Competent: Freestyle draws in 2 seconds. Follow up shots and transitions in 0.6 seconds each. Strong draw and weak ready in 2.3s with 1.0 follow up shots. Speed reloads in 3 seconds.

Very Good: Freestyle draws in 1.5 seconds. Follow up shots and transitions in 0.4 seconds each. Strong draw and weak ready in 1.6s with 0.8 follow up shots. Speed reloads in 2 seconds.

Exceptional: Freestyle draws in 1.0 seconds. Follow up shots and transitions in 0.2 seconds each. Strong draw and weak ready in 1.2s with 0.4 follow up shots. Speed reloads in 1.2 seconds.

Thanks for the calculations. I may try that next week @3. IMO, I think both procedures have merit. I’ll also opine we are pretty far up the curve for most CCW, LE, etc., no matter which procedure (timed or not) is used. The vast majority of carriers don’t do much after receiving their carry permit-see Karl Rehn writings on this. It’s why I like this site; most here are working on somehow improving/their competence.
    I had some .22 rimfire in my bag, and my G44. So I shot an untimed string@3 to soothe my humbled ego…
    Cleaned it, so I need to back up and turn a timer on…

It is good to see the affirmation of the shotgun, as still being relevant. Thanks.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Really interesting history of the shotgun's use in the US military. Thanks Tom.

As others have said, cool piece on the shotgun.

Does anybody know where the target in the final photograph of the article (greyscale male with what appears to be a B8 on his chest) is available for purchase?

User Tag List