Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Share your Fancy Leather Gear

Old picture from an old thread elsewhere. Several additions since. Pretty sure I still have all these.

Leather OWB holsters

Top:
    1. Alessi CQC-S - GLOCK 27
    2. R Grizzle Leather Georgia Snap - GLOCK 30
    3. Mitch Rosen Express Premier - Commander 1911
    4. Mitch Rosen Express Premier - HK USPc

Middle Row:
    1. Mitch Rosen 5JR - G23
    2. Mitch Rosen 5Jr - G30
    3. Mitch Rosen President Express - G30
    4. Don Hume H710 - GLOCK 27
    5. Galco Jak Slide - Sig P229

Bottom Row:
    1. DeSantis D2 - G17
    2. DesSantis 089 / Mini Slide - G30.
    3. DeSantis Thumb Break Scabbard - J Frame Enclosed hammer.
    4. Don Hume H721 - GLOCK 27
    5. Bianchi #196-2 - Sig P226

Old picture from an old thread elsewhere.

Shoulder holsters (one is not leather, sorry)

Top Row:

1. Desantis 011-C9 - HK USP .45 (I think)
    2. Pro Bond R301 - 1911

Bottom Row:
    1. Galco Miami Classic - 1911
    2. KL Null Upside Down Shoulder Holster - Sig P229
    3. Bianchi X2000 Phantom - 1911
    4. Aker 101A - HK USPc

I have had the holster, and posted it previously but have new grips on my old 4" 29-2 and took pics of the gun/grips with the holster. Definitely a great setup to carry!

Love everything about the rig. The gun, holster grip combo just makes me smile.

I have been carrying my 49 year old Colt LW Commander quite a bit lately.

Superb gun.

Got my Thad Rybka Rhodesian holster and magazine carrier in for my not yet purchased Hi Power.

Name:  C92DF714-F9C7-44C0-AB0D-C5C4D66F1629 (1).jpg
Views: 582
Size:  67.3 KB

Lost River,

Who did the Smith sight on that Colt? Got another pic of it that shows the sight and how it sits in the slide? I'm an old dude and love the old school N frame sights on a 1911.

And just in case you weren't sure, you totally suck. Two such fine pistolas in a row?

I made this for my Black Mamba to shoot Steel Challenge Matches. It's a .22 but I don't like having to put it in a bag after every stage.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Catshooter View Post
    Lost River,

Who did the Smith sight on that Colt? Got another pic of it that shows the sight and how it sits in the slide? I'm an old dude and love the old school N frame sights on a 1911.

And just in case you weren't sure, you totally suck. Two such fine pistolas in a row?

Excuse the fact that it is pretty dirty, been carrying it daily.

The Smith sight was already installed, as well as the fitted bushing and single side slightly larger thumb safety. Someone had done some exceptionally fine work.

The gent I purchased it from stated that the owner at the time was a widow of a south Texas Deputy, who had carried it. The build reminded me of work by Swenson at the time as there were a few guys who copied his work and did a very nice job as well. Trying to see where the old rear sight dovetail is after the filled it in and reblued it is a pretty good indication of this.

I had my own smith add a number of things for me to make it more shootable for me, including a long trigger, S&A magwell, and recently a Dawson F.O. front sight, as well as do some work to make sure it would feed everything from my heavy loads, to SWC and JHP type profiles. The pistol shoots quite accurately.

Very, very nice work. He did a great job filling that dovetail.

Thanks.

I took some better photographs of my Thad Rybka holster and magazine pouch. This holster just oozes quality. The only other quality holster I have, a 5 Shot Leather 1911 holster, was given to me by a friend and the Thad Rybka is on par with that in quality. The wait for the holster, after I sent him my check, was only a few weeks. I think the OTD price for the holster and magazine pouch was about $145.

Name:  IMG_0126.jpg
Views: 463
Size:  68.8 KB

Name:  IMG_0127.jpg
Views: 458
Size:  58.3 KB

Name:  IMG_0128.jpg
Views: 461
Size:  63.0 KB

The ordering process was not easy and required a few letters being sent, but all in all, I think it was worth it.

User Tag List