Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Share your Fancy Leather Gear

Site Supporter

Share your Fancy Leather Gear

I've seen various photos and posts about people's Leather Gear, but not a specific thread for it. If I'm wrong feel free to correct my error moderators.

My Fancy Leather consists of my Milt Sparks VM2 with Shark Loops which I added to it. It works for both my High Power and my Springfield Ronin. A Milt Sparks Horsehide and Shark 55BN for the High Power as well as one for the Springfield Ronin. The magazine pouches are shark trimmed and the belt is full shark from Palmetto Leatherworks, which Wilson Combat had in stock. There's something classy about custom leather and custom pistols.

Name:  H[ Power Leather.jpg
Views: 1547
Size:  56.0 KBName:  Ronin Leather.jpg
Views: 1546
Size:  67.9 KB
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

My "screen name" holster made by Mike Barranti for my Bowen Nimrod in .45 Colt.

Great thread idea! I’ve long wanted some floral carved leather but it doesn’t seem appropriate for the plastic pistols I carry. The fanciest holster I have is a Sparks 55BN in the mahogany cowhide.

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    Great thread idea! I’ve long wanted some floral carved leather but it doesn’t seem appropriate for the plastic pistols I carry. The fanciest holster I have is a Sparks 55BN in the mahogany cowhide.
    I really want a floral carved holster for a 4" Smith model 15 (I don't have one yet), or maybe for my 4" model 10 or 64.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    Let's see that 55BN
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Some homemade cowhide:

Paraphrasing Wyatt Earp: The first shot is twice as important as the second shot, the 2nd shot is twice as important as the 3rd shot, the 3rd shot is twice as important as the 4th shot, the 4th shot is twice as important as the 5th shot…

The top one is carved in the Sheridan pattern and then sun dried afterwards. I call it my "Bucket List" holster. It is without question the nicest holster I have ever had. The guys at the Sparks shop say that people have bought them for collectors purposes and I get that, but I have taken mine elk hunting, and will use mine as much as I can, wherever I can, every year.

The other is a 50th Anniversary Summer Special. I wear it pretty often. It is just a cool rig.

In fact I mentioned the other day that when I went to Costco I grabbed my old 80 Series Colt. Well that was the holster I used.

Plus I just like it as a daily rig:

This 55BN for my 7.5" Flattop Blackhawk .44 is another that has been around a little too.

From northern Nevada, to some higher elevations in central Idaho during elk season, it has put in a couple miles on my belt.

And a Stingray pocket rig for a J frame.

User Tag List