Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Foley Ousted at USPSA

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Matt Hopkins is the next USPSA president.
    I was just watching him on a Practical Shooting After Dark Video. Seems like a sensible guy.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    What about those stuck in ban states ?
    How are those folks handling Open, Limited, CO and PCC? I might be missing some nuances but what the org does with capacity rules for any division gets overriden by state rules anyway.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    How are those folks handling Open, Limited, CO and PCC? I might be missing some nuances but what the org does with capacity rules for any division gets overriden by state rules anyway.
    Per USPSA rules any reduced capacity states require all hi cap divisions to be at that capacity (obviously). When it really burns is on classifiers without mandatory reloads, particularity for the open guys where the HHFs are broken enough.

Most, but not all are able to source proper mags when they leave the state for major matches. Unfortunately they still often reload when they don't have too. Nothing more sad than a 170mm mag on the ground with only 6 shots missing from it.
    Regardless, at least in my area they are not shooting in locap divisions anyway. The ease of red dots is too strong, and with capacity being equal, CO easily beats everything except (sometimes)open.

Did you guys notice that the conversation here is mostly about the rules, not Foley's communication style and the incidents which technically caused his departure? It does show what really triggered the whole thing and mobilized so many people.

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    Did you guys notice that the conversation here is mostly about the rules, not Foley's communication style and the incidents which technically caused his departure? It does show what really triggered the whole thing and mobilized so many people.
    I cannot excuse anyone else's post contributions but I can say that I am in Area 7 and simply don't have any experience with foley in person, it's reasonable to assume that is the case for the majority of us.
    "I'm checking out, somebody throw me in the trash"

t. Frank Reynolds - IASIP

Quote Originally Posted by Artemas2 View Post
    Per USPSA rules any reduced capacity states require all hi cap divisions to be at that capacity (obviously)
    I know, I know. I have shot a level II match with a team from Hawaii once. I was asking in a context of a question that HCM asked of me, which was in turn in a context of me saying that SS should be able to address the needs of folks who want to shoot low cap. I am missing how making Production a 15 round would negatively affect folks in ban states.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

As George P. Burdell said, you can please some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can't please everybody every time.

My version of Cooper's Embarrassing Question is "If we play by your rules will you win? Will you have more fun?"
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post

I heard him say he would not change rules without deliberate process and consultation with the members.
    BINGO. This is what I want to hear. Anyone thinking they should change the rules to their will, even IF it is to my liking, is not what I want in a leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    BINGO. This is what I want to hear. Anyone thinking they should change the rules to their will, even IF it is to my liking, is not what I want in a leader.
    Dunno. Part of the issue might be that what’s best for the organization might be catering to people that aren’t yet members and don’t have a voice yet.

Crotch optics @Les Pepperoni is very popular with new Instagram tactical guys and we’ve seen a bunch of new blood come in this year locally.

If we cater to the existing membership exclusively USPSA might turn into FUDDIDPA

Mike Foley Ousted at USPSA

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    I don’t think so. He was removed by a board vote after an investigation. Not recalled by popular vote.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List