Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Foley Ousted at USPSA

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Maybe we should have stages where we have to field strip the gun in the middle and put it back together?
    I did that at an outlaw IDPA match before. Slide and frame where on different barrels and had to be assembled then loaded on the clock!

.96 was my bestest ever reload, but somewhere around 1.2 is where my consistent spot is. Not super sure why this is germane to the issue though.

Maybe we should have stages where we have to field strip the gun in the middle and put it back together?
    Inversely, one can argue, shooting is shooting not movement, so all the moving and weird positions in USPSA are just bad Crossfit, and have absolutely no place in a shooting sport.

But this should be done properly. The first President that promises "a case of ammo in every pot!" has my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemas2 View Post
    I did that at on outlaw IDPA match before. Slide and frame where on different barrels and had to be assembled then loaded on the clock!

.96 was my bestest ever reload, but somewhere around 1.2 is where my consistent spot is. Not super sure why this is germane to the issue though.
    I was referring to the suggestion that people don’t like things because they don’t practice / they’re not competent / good at them. So I was countering that I am good at it, but I think it’s stupid. I only practiced them because it was necessary to make GM. Now I’m happy to not practice them much any more again. I’ll run open before running CO15.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I really think that SS should be sufficient to cover needs of those who want low cap.
    How about those that don’t necessarily want low cap, but are legally bound to it? Sure, all divisions are low cap in the state, but then those shooters are severely restricted at sectional, area, and nationals.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    How about those that don’t necessarily want low cap, but are legally bound to it? Sure, all divisions are low cap in the state, but then those shooters are severely restricted at sectional, area, and nationals.
    They didn't care for them when they made 140mm mags in CO but did not change it for production, right? This is an example how inconsistent and selective Foley was, BTW.
    Last edited by cheby; 08-26-2021 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    They didn't care of them when they made 140mm mags in CO but did not change it for production, right? This is an example how inconsistent and selective Foley was, BTW.
    Agree. When CO was provisional, I was going to convert my G35 to CO, as it was 10 rounds. The rule changed before I could send out the slide, and I sent a 34 slide instead.

Our clubs had an ongoing joke with this nonsense all year. It would go like this, no you’re quoting the April rule book, we’re using the May rule book now. More than anything else, we need a return to rule stability.

Site Supporter
    I sign up for USPSA Tuesday. They fire the President Thursday.

Man - I didn’t know I’d break it this bad guys.
    God Bless,

Brandon

I saw the local SWAT team doing that.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Arguments for 15rds in Production and CO:

1. Make rules closer to IPSC
    2. 140mm extension and springs make guns less reliable
    3. Most factory guns have standard capacity over 15rds
    4. Stages do not have to be 30rds all the time to be interesting and testing your shooting skills – again look at IPSC

Here are some more good arguments for Prod-15:
    https://berryshooting.com/blog/the-c...nd-production/

I no longer shoot Production. The main reason is not the reloads, it is the lack of participation and competition. Even though I have not shot Production since 2018 I still practice my reloads religiously. My personal record on 4As is 1.79sec with reload around 0.7. Obviously, I can’t do it on demand, it was just a fun game to chase at some point. If Production becomes the most competitive and popular division again, like it was in 2015-2016, I will happily shoot it again regardless of the capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    we need a return to rule stability.
    That is the #1 complaint I hear from the people in our clubs locally...all seem to blame Foley and his approach.

As far as the newer divisions.

It does seem that CO with 140mm and relaxed holster/mag position has attracted a lot of shooters to that division locally, especially younger shooters from my observation, but not clear if it was the reason they were attracted to USPSA.

PCC seems to have sucked in a large number of veteran competitors at our club level match, at the expense of Limited and Open guns that are now sitting at home for those same folks.

User Tag List