Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Foley Ousted at USPSA

Quote Originally Posted by SsevenN View Post
    Who ever the next President is, please do 15 round PROD/CO, thank youuuu.
    Second that!

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    Second that!
    Yeah, no thanks on the 15 round CO.

Reloading is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    See, I like all those things and wouldn’t have started in USPSA if it weren’t.
    I am gonna split the difference and say that I liked some but not others. Ultimately, as already pointed elsewhere in a different way, the BoD did not do this when those changes were introduced. I myself don't expect any rollback on those.

I wouldn't enjoy 15 rounds CO as much but I'd survive it. I would shoot Production from time to time if it had 15 rounds. I would applaud rolling back 4 pounds weight "limits".
    Last edited by YVK; 08-26-2021 at 02:46 PM.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I am gonna split the difference and say that I liked some but not others. Ultimately, as already pointed elsewhere in a different way, the BoD did not do this when those changes were introduced. I myself don't expect any rollback on those.

I wouldn't enjoy 15 rounds CO as much but I'd survive it. I would shoot Production from time to time if it had 15 rounds. I would applaud rolling back 4 pounds weight "limits".
    I shot my first CO match Monday, 21 round mags and not reloading for 18 round stages was bliss.

Quote Originally Posted by SsevenN View Post
    Who ever the next President is, please do 15 round PROD/CO, thank youuuu.
    *Looks at $700 worth of CZ 10 round NY compliant mags*...how about no

For real though I don't see the appeal of pro 15. I shot a few matches in limited early this year and the added capacity did nothing to my stage plan or even affect my times that much. The only times where it was frustration was the occasional bad stage with "legal" 10-12 round positions. When there is participation, those stages highlight who practices their reloads. Which I do believe is a pretty core skill in gun handling that should be tested.

On the larger scale it won't save production, too many people discovered that red dots allow you to shoot faster and more accurately. I am currently signed up at a level 2 match in NY, CO has more people than all of the iron sighted divisions combined.
    It's the same story with the local matches I shoot up there as well. It's not the round count keeping people out of production.

On topic, Foley was a dick and hopefully the new guy isn't and can competently do his job and keep the sport viable.
    Last edited by Artemas2; 08-26-2021 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I shot my first CO match Monday, 21 round mags and not reloading for 18 round stages was bliss.
    I quit Production because of mag capacity, not because I wanted the dot. I really think that SS should be sufficient to cover needs of those who want low cap.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemas2 View Post
    When there is participation, those stages highlight who practices their reloads. Which I do believe is a pretty core skill in gun handling that should be tested.
    I disagree though.

I can do 0.80 reloads.

But I still think they’re stupid.

Why should they be tested more than once per stage if that? Especially if you’re talking about civilians who will likely never have to reload in a gunfight?

I like USPSA as a shooting competition, not a reloading competition. Even though I can do it competently. I don’t see the point past a certain level of emphasis.

...and here come the memes...

Name:  429DFCB3-CC4D-446B-97E6-DBB695D4836A.jpg
Views: 822
Size:  53.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I disagree though.

I can do 0.80 reloads.

But I still think they’re stupid.

Why should they be tested more than once per stage if that? Especially if you’re talking about civilians who will likely never have to reload in a gunfight?
    I can do any thing real good once! I don't equate USPSA to gun fights so to that I don't care.
    I like reloading and working all aspects of the gun maybe it's a zen thing I am not sure. I know I am in the minority on this and that's ok (even if the most vocal about this don't nor ever will shoot production...)

Quote Originally Posted by Artemas2 View Post
    I can do any thing real good once! I don't equate USPSA to gun fights so to that I don't care.
    I like reloading and working all aspects of the gun maybe it's a zen thing I am not sure. I know I am in the minority on this and that's ok (even if the most vocal about this don't nor ever will shoot production...)
    Maybe we should have stages where we have to field strip the gun in the middle and put it back together?

User Tag List