Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Foley Ousted at USPSA

Mike Foley Ousted at USPSA

Email just dropped:

To The USPSA Membership,

The evening of 8/24/2021 the USPSA Board of Directors met to vote on an issue concerning the USPSA President Mike Foley. The Board of Directors, as authorized by Section 7.7 of the USPSA Bylaws, has elected to make a change in leadership.

Effective 8/24/2021 Mike Foley has been removed as President and is no longer an employee of USPSA.

We thank Mike for his service to USPSA and wish him well in his future endeavors.

As per the USPSA Bylaws, Section 6.1, Sherwyn Greenfield as Vice President shall serve as Interim President effective immediately.

This change requires the start of the process for a special election. Please watch for announcements for further details and timeline for the special election.

There is some discussion on this on the ‘AIWB’ thread, but posting as a fresh thread for those who wish to discuss.
    Last edited by Archer1440; 08-26-2021 at 12:48 PM.

Good.

Hope we elect a worthy replacement. That guy was his own worst enemy. Not every idea he had was bad, but organizations cannot grow and thrive with that sort of completely toxic personality trying to run them. Now if we can just get LaPierre out...

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    ... Is it more focus on the top talent? Is it more focus on the newer members? Will see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I don't think there's a necessary conflict between the two. A problem with Foley was his focus on maximizing income and pandering to industry partners. USPSA is a non-profit sport governing body. The focus should be on making USPSA fair, competitive, and fun for all members. As well, a major role of USPSA is to field a world class IPSC team.

Bottom line: USPSA shouldn't be run like a for-profit business.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 08-26-2021 at 01:26 PM.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Well, bye.
    Grab your gun and bring in the cat.

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    Not every idea he had was bad.
    I dunno... 59oz weight limit, flashlights, 140mm mags in CO while staying with 10rd in Production... I am not going to mention PCC... oops, I just did

Who ever the next President is, please do 15 round PROD/CO, thank youuuu.
    "I'm checking out, somebody throw me in the trash"

t. Frank Reynolds - IASIP

Add:
    Bizarre and arbitrary HHFs on classifiers, with inconsistent difficulty among divisions.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Er, how would that be on the President though? Times related to classifiers appears very low level. Maybe I am missing something though.

EDIT: I did not understand the multiple rapid changes in Production, or how it helped the USPSA however.

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    I dunno... 59oz weight limit, flashlights, 140mm mags in CO while staying with 10rd in Production... I am not going to mention PCC... oops, I just did
    See, I like all those things and wouldn’t have started in USPSA if it weren’t.

User Tag List