Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Mike Foley Ousted at USPSA

Site Supporter
    Slightly disagree. In TX, we ran very well attended carbines in an IDPA format and the usual gun was an AR pattern. There were some Ruger PCC or 9 mm ARs. Had a guy who ran a Garand and one guy with a bolt gun quite well. The lever action guy was a flop. Some 22 LR AR pattern. Using 223s in a setups for carbines is better than a USPSA pistol set up with 9mm carbines. I do think they are fun to run. I've mentioned a guy who shot a fancy 9mm AR type with a dot and a green laser at our carry gun match - sight, that was a bit much.

Today my bad knee is murderous. So at the match, I will stroll between shooting positions. Don't need to pitch over. Whining, I am but that's what I do. Some of us older toots look more to the A count as total time ain't for us. Of course, you don't want to shoot it in bullseye mode.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

I've mentioned a guy who shot a fancy 9mm AR type with a dot and a green laser at our carry gun match -

Hey! He shoots here, too; $3500 JP roller action.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Slightly disagree. In TX, we ran very well attended carbines in an IDPA format and the usual gun was an AR pattern. There were some Ruger PCC or 9 mm ARs. Had a guy who ran a Garand and one guy with a bolt gun quite well. The lever action guy was a flop. Some 22 LR AR pattern. Using 223s in a setups for carbines is better than a USPSA pistol set up with 9mm carbines. I do think they are fun to run. I've mentioned a guy who shot a fancy 9mm AR type with a dot and a green laser at our carry gun match - sight, that was a bit much.

Today my bad knee is murderous. So at the match, I will stroll between shooting positions. Don't need to pitch over. Whining, I am but that's what I do. Some of us older toots look more to the A count as total time ain't for us. Of course, you don't want to shoot it in bullseye mode.
    Was that Texas Tactical? I ran a squad once where a guy brought an FN with aftermarket furniture. I swear it rosewood or something. It was just beautiful. And fun to watch him go through it.

Site Supporter
    Yeah, I shot at TX Tactical's San Antonio /Cedar Ridge matches. Don't remember that guy. There was a guy who for a little bit of time, shot an FN P90. But it was usually ARs. I was going to shoot my new Mini-14 but didn't get around to it before we moved. There aren't such carbine matches around here. Some 3 gun and a one stage rifle match, once in awhile. Life's been two complicated to chase those down.

Read an article that the PCC rules about bringing the gun to the firing lines slows down the matches. Mike had rifle racks for each stage, so none of that bagging slow down. We'd rack up when the squad got there.

My best match - three points down for 5 stages. Kind of like my best bowling score ever. Olympic Arms with an Eotech that I bought in TX, AWB compliant after the law passed. It held together till 2019 when it started have parts breaking. Sold it.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Read an article that the PCC rules about bringing the gun to the firing lines slows down the matches. Mike had rifle racks for each stage, so none of that bagging slow down. We'd rack up when the squad got there.
    As an aside, current best PCC practice allows us unbagging at the berm and vertical muzzle and flag as holster equivalent.

So most of us will either put the PCC on the safe table a few shooters ahead of time or unbag and hold vertical when we are on deck.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    As an aside, current best PCC practice allows us unbagging at the berm and vertical muzzle and flag as holster equivalent.

So most of us will either put the PCC on the safe table a few shooters ahead of time or unbag and hold vertical when we are on deck.
    Yes they seem pretty normal speed now.

User Tag List