Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What about the M2 Benelli?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Long time Benelli M1 user here (since 1988). Currently own an M1, M1 SBS and a 1301.

I think the posts so far cover most of the issues between the M2 /M4 and the 1301.

There are potential concerns about various things compromising the inertia action of the M1/M2 from low power ammo, to compromised positions, over aggressive push-pull, to hanging too much mass on the gun in the form of ammo and enablers.

The M4 and 1301 address those concerns but as GJM’s photos show, one of the added features of the 1301T is the standard 18” 1301T is nearly the same length as the 14” Benellis without the NFA tax or hassle.
    The Beretta is about two inches shorter than a comparable Benelli, meaning the 18 inch 1301 is about a 16 inch Benelli in overall length. I like having a mag tube that extends beyond my 14 inch barrel because it provides an offset in case I end up in snow and mud, so the barrel stays clear.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    It is great to have options!

Attachment 76352

My single favorite AK shotgun.

Attachment 76353
    Are you able to use the iron sights on all of those, looking thru the red dot sights? Excluding the rib mounted sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    What I heard was that the problems happen when firing the gun with your back or shoulder supported by a solid object (e.g. wall, tree).
    I've shot from some weird positions in 3 gun without problems, but I don't recall being sandwiched between a solid object and my M1S90. It seems like something that should be memorable. I have a Benelli marked mercury recoil reducer in mine.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
    Are you able to use the iron sights on all of those, looking thru the red dot sights? Excluding the rib mounted sight.
    Yes.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

FWIW, I have an older HK marked M1S90 w 18" bbl, a 14" M1S90 that was my issued SWAT gun for 11 years, and a 1301. I never experienced the relbility issue from positional shooting with the Benellis, but the 14 inch would absolutely choke on cheap training birdshot as well as federal low recoil buck and slugs. I've got the most time on the SBS, and I ran it exclusively with full power buck & slug and used high brass heavy field loads for birdshot. I loved that gun, and when we traded them in I bought it for sentimental reasons, however, I replaced them with 1301s. As mentioned above, the 1301 is only about two inches longer than the SBS. It is much softer shooting and will shoot anything I feed it. During evaluation, we were getting B27 X ring hits with slugs at 100 yards and loaded the tube with random light bird, high brass buck and slug along with low recoil stuff and ran it as fast as we could pull the trigger. It ran like a champ. The Benellis just sit in the safe now. I prefer the 1301. I probably ought to start culling the herd at this point in my life, just haven't been able to bring myself to it yet.

User Tag List