Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ATF vs Rare Breed Triggers

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Experts, please correct me if I’m out to lunch here.

The ATF has even declared a piece of string a machine gun. The case in question is where a person took a loop of string about 8” long, attached it on the left side of the rifle stock (M-1A) behind the trigger guard, ran the string forward, across the trigger, and back on the right side of the stock. A loop at the end (or metal ring) allows the trigger finger to fit in the loop. When the loop is pulled, the string tightens, and the rifle fires. Under recoil, the trigger resets, and due to the elasticity of the string, the recoil pad, and the shooter’s shoulder, the rifle drives forward and fires again. Voila - crude bump-fire operation of a semi-auto rifle.

The ATF declared that this loop of string used this way is a machine gun. Insane, in my opinion, but there it is.
    That's correct. There is a photo of the tested string here: https://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/20...g-machine-gun/

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    That's correct. There is a photo of the tested string here: https://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/20...g-machine-gun/
    Thanks, Josh. I had the routing all wrong. My string would have only been semi-auto after all.
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

Part of me desperately wants to see this issue or something similar go before a federal court or even scotus, the ATF needs to be brought to heel legally. The other part of me thinks it isn't worth the risk.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    I heard some commentary that the real value of the FRT was that this whole situation was probably predicted by them, including the current situation. The suggestion was that Rare Breed wants this conflict, so that it can be brought to a legal resolution likely to favor gun rights.
    My understanding is the principals of Rare Breed are also the principals of Spikes Tactical but Rare Breed was intentionally walled off from Spikes in anticipation of the sort of situation.

Looks like they are back in stock if you wanted to get one. Take your chances. If the court blocks the AFT from enforcing their finding, then you may be able to enjoy it for a while. On the other hand it may be band before you get it in the mail.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Looks like a new player in the market.

The Wide Open Trigger. I think they should have called it the "full semi-auto trigger".

<span dir="auto" class="style-scope yt-formatted-string">
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Part of me wants to grab one of these and an AR to put it in just to mess with fudd-y trap shooters at my club.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise_A View Post
    Part of me wants to grab one of these and an AR to put it in just to mess with fudd-y trap shooters at my club.
    Me too but I don't want to have to give it up in a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise_A View Post
    I agree, but due to the uncertainty of what’s going to happen here, I wouldn’t buy one unless…
    A. The LGS had them in stock and on the shelf.
    B. I’d be paying with cash..

All this makes me miss the Akins Accelerator all over again.... sad face

User Tag List