Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AK trooper shot nearby

AK trooper shot nearby

https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/crim...documents-say/

Snippet:

“Trp. Brueggeman quickened pace to catch up to Herrick,” the affidavit said.

Herrick then pulled out a handgun and began firing toward Brueggeman, Cronin wrote. Brueggeman was hit several times in his ballistic vest and in the upper left arm, which caused significant injury and bleeding, the affidavit said.

Five spent .45-caliber casings found on the south side of the building were suspected to have been fired by Herrick, along with one spent .40-caliber casing believed to be from the trooper’s weapon, according to the affidavit. One additional spent casing was in Brueggeman’s handgun, Cronin wrote.

“Trp. Brueggeman reported experiencing a malfunction of his duty weapon during the exchange of gunfire,” the affidavit said.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Prayers for the Trooper’s recovery.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

From some of the stuff I’ve seen heard about ASP, I wonder how they walk around with balls that big.

Hope he recovers quick.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Site Supporter
    Media reports the Trooper had a malfunction with his pistol, though shell casings suggest he got at least one shot off. Of course, even as hard-trained as AST is and how reliable Glocks generally are, it's fully possible an arm wound and additional hits to the SBA might have induced a malfunction.

deleted
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Hopefully we'll learn the full details.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Williams View Post
    Hopefully we'll learn the full details.
    Anchorage evening TV news reporting the Trooper's weapon malfunctioned after firing one shot. No detail beyond that, but it definitely is in the news.

From the story:

" has been with the troopers for six months but has 32 years of law enforcement service Outside, troopers said in a statement."

This is really something.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Williams View Post
    From the story:

" has been with the troopers for six months but has 32 years of law enforcement service Outside, troopers said in a statement."

This is really something.
    No kidding. Gives new meaning to the term “retirement gig”. Last I heard they’re paying a decent hiring bonus to get people to come work for them.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    No kidding. Gives new meaning to the term “retirement gig”. Last I heard they’re paying a decent hiring bonus to get people to come work for them.
    Almost every business is having difficulty recruiting, so it is no surprise the AK Troopers are as well.

User Tag List