Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Building a Fauxland G19

Building a Fauxland G19

I have a later G19.5 MOS that is a bit of a mule - I tend to try new for me ideas on it. It was my first modern RDS pistol, my first with a tactical light, the first with a flat trigger - things like that. Currently it has a RMR, but that will be replaced with an ACRO P-2 once they are finally released.

I’ve been curious about compensated pistols for quite some time, but never pursued it. Parker Mountain Machine just put their barrel and JTTC combos on sale, so I ordered one. This should be an interesting journey, I’ll report back as I go.
    Last edited by HeavyDuty; 11-27-2021 at 01:07 PM.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Very close:Name:  4F0A79F3-48D9-4CF5-97FC-90C4E35F883E.jpg
Views: 1005
Size:  74.2 KB

No major issues, although the factory recoil spring was only 100% with 124+p. 15lb spring and it runs any factory loading I’ve found.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Nice! That’s the larger Ultra JTTC, right?

I have an email in to @Tony Mayer , I want to order one if his light bearing OWB2s but am not sure if it’s possible to fit a 19.5 with ACRO, PPM comp and TLR7.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Correct, it is the Ultra (2 port) with the proprietary barrel. I suspect (but don't know for sure) the single port wouldn't be as picky to recoil spring/ammo tuning.

Edit- holster fitment for G19/PMM comp (both 1 and 2 port are same OAL) is longer than G17, slightly shorter than 34. I use a G34 holster that has about 1/4" extra length.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    Correct, it is the Ultra (2 port) with the proprietary barrel. I suspect (but don't know for sure) the single port wouldn't be as picky to recoil spring/ammo tuning.

Edit- holster fitment for G19/PMM comp (both 1 and 2 port are same OAL) is longer than G17, slightly shorter than 34. I use a G34 holster that has about 1/4" extra length.
    Ok, I’ll wait and see what Tony says. He doesn’t show a G34 length light bearing OWB2 for the TLR7.
    Ken

Name:  03493ACF-DAB0-418C-A3F5-6D24C27EE41C.jpg
Views: 884
Size:  38.2 KB

Name:  1C75C727-CCA3-4E2F-9950-1D8F0F0C674F.jpg
Views: 875
Size:  28.8 KB

Speaking from experience, it’s tough to get a holster for a G34-TLR7/8 combo. I ended up going with Dale Fricke, and while I’m totally satisfied, please let us know if you find other quality options.
    Last edited by Bergeron; 11-27-2021 at 05:55 PM.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

I suppose I could just use my TLR-1 for this…
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    Speaking from experience, it’s tough to get a holster for a G34-TLR7/8 combo. I ended up going with Dale Fricke, and while I’m totally satisfied, please let us know if you find other quality options.
    The nose of a stock G34.5 slide casts a shadow to 12 o'clock with the TLR7...I don't know how that works out with some of these comps, but the length probably means you'd see the same thing happen. I'd just use a longer/larger light, if I wanted to go there.

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    The nose of a stock G34.5 slide casts a shadow to 12 o'clock with the TLR7...I don't know how that works out with some of these comps, but the length probably means you'd see the same thing happen. I'd just use a longer/larger light, if I wanted to go there.
    Visualizing what a TLR7 would be like on DpdG’s pistol above, I could see where that would be an issue. Maybe the solution is to see how the TLR7 is on my 34 or 41, and pull the slide back to about where it would be with this comp on the 19 and evaluate. I won’t be home until mid week, though.

I’m trying to avoid the light-as-a-standoff-device.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I suppose I could just use my TLR-1 for this…
    It does open up a great deal more holster options to use the more popular (and unfortunately larger) lights.

I was bullheaded about wanting the lower profile light and laser, there is a cost in terms of holster selection.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

User Tag List