Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: NYPD going to lighter trigger?

As the night shift “camera unit,” for my patrol division, I had occasion to document scenes of UDs/NDs, in our two patrol districts. Other than the above-mentioned scene, I was dispatched to an officer’s apartment/loft unit, where a mattress had been Glock’ed. It was not my role to interview the officer, so I know little else about what happened, and do not know that his trigger set-up was.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I’ve had no issues running my .40 cal 229 with a barsto 9mm conversion barrel and 40 cal mags.

If it’s for serious use. SIG and RTG parts have 9mm 229 slides with factory mounted red dot optics for not much more than the standard 229 caliber conversions.
    Good to know. Thanks!

I actually have a Bar-Sto .40-to-9mm conversion barrel, but it became misplaced, and may have been thrown-out, in error, after Hurricane Harvey soaked some of my boxed-up stuff, that was at floor level. I never got around to vetting that Bar-Sto barrel. Maybe I will find it, eventually, in some silly place.

Edited to add: I can still shoot .40 with my healthier left hand, and may well start regularly carrying the bigger pistol lefty, so, my ol’ reliable P229R DAK may return to being a carry gun. I am functionally ambidextrous with most pistols, actually being left-handed, but right-armed. (Write lefty, throw righty.) I chose to carry at 0300, in 1983, for practical/tactical reasons.
    Last edited by Rex G; 08-26-2021 at 12:31 PM.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    The 457 recruits who were tested, most of whom never fired a weapon before, had an average score of 93.7 with the lesser pull and 88.7 with the 12-pound pull, police said.

A whopping 5% increase in accuracy...

(Presuming, of course, the quoted scores are a percentage and not raw points score)
    Last edited by TCinVA; 08-26-2021 at 12:15 PM.
    3/15/2016

Site Supporter
    To quote the late P-F member LSP972, "The DAK sucks all the fun out of shooting a SIG."
    I do remember his statement. At today's prices, it isn't going to happen. Furthermore, I gave my son my P228 because I kept bumping the slide release while shooting and he shot it better than I did.
    I don't have either problem with my P250. That one is a keeper.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by deputyG23 View Post
    Our 375-ish member office has had about ten NDs since adopting Glocks in the late '80s.
    Nearly all involved using faulty technique to clear the pistol before cleaning and/or storing.
    While "faulty technique" may be literally correct, IME the underlying cause of these issues is not understanding the cycle of weapon's cycle of operation.

Those who understand why reversing the steps of the clearance process is bad are less likely to have issues vs those who merely clear by rote.

We've also found issuing lock boxes and encouraging securely storing loaded guns, thereby minimizing "administrative handling" vs unloading reduces NDs.

To quote the late P-F member LSP972, "The DAK sucks all the fun out of shooting a SIG."
    I'd have to agree with that.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Site Supporter
    While "faulty technique" may be literally correct, IME the underlying cause of these issues is not understanding the cycle of weapon's cycle of operation.

Those who understand why reversing the steps of the clearance process is bad are less likely to have issues vs those who merely clear by rote.

We've also found issuing lock boxes and encouraging securely storing loaded guns, thereby minimizing "administrative handling" vs unloading reduces NDs.
    Your last sentence is spot on. Our policy requires unloading before storage at home, which I, and others, have tried to get changed for years. My issue Glock is seldom locked up because I have it under my direct control nearly always. When it goes under lock and key, it is loaded and in a holster that covers the trigger guard.
    The recent Glock carrying case lends itself well to being safeguarded from casual tampering by using the issued handcuffs to secure the case and affixing the other cuff to something like a closet rod. That is what I recommend to those who have no other storage options.

“Unloading before storage at home.” Deep sigh. Slowly shake head.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    “Unloading before storage at home.” Deep sigh. Slowly shake head.
    The military and apparently a lot of LE agencies never received the memo from the good idea fairy stating less administrative futzing is a good idea.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by deputyG23 View Post
    Our 375-ish member office has had about ten NDs since adopting Glocks in the late '80s.
    Nearly all involved using faulty technique to clear the pistol before cleaning and/or storing.
    One resulted in a career ending injury to the victim's leg.
    Nearly all of our issued Glocks over the years have had a heavier trigger than the standard one.
    Most were ordered with the eight pound connector and standard spring.
    The last batches of Gen 4 G23s we ordered came with the standard connector and spring.
    We still have around 200 Gen 3 models in service with eight pound triggers.
    The G5 G17s we are switching to, hopefully next year, will have the standard trigger.
    Yep, we stuck with the 8 until we started rolling the gen 4s out, leaving the standard 5.5 and transitioning folks during annual firearms training. Some who still had gen 3s got their connectors swapped at the start of the training day.

User Tag List