Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig 320 Lawsuit story

Site Supporter

Sig 320 Lawsuit story

https://abcnews.go.com/US/detective-...posts_card_hed

Gun in a purse, holstered - shoots officer - that's the claim.
    Last edited by Glenn E. Meyer; 08-24-2021 at 09:32 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    https://abcnews.go.com/US/detective-...posts_card_hed

Gun in a purse, holstered - shoots officer - that' the claim.
    See photo in article. SERPA holster. /thread.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    SERPA might be agency-required.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Why would a SERPA in a purse trigger a gun? Something pop the gun out by hitting the release? Then something getting in the trigger guard? At the IDPA matches, that HCM and I went to, I was not impressed by the holster (big insight). Saw a new guy struggle so much with the release the SO grabbed him.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Why would a SERPA in a purse trigger a gun? Something pop the gun out by hitting the release? Then something getting in the trigger guard? At the IDPA matches, that HCM and I went to, I was not impressed by the holster (big insight). Saw a new guy struggle so much with the release the SO grabbed him.
    The serpa in the video looked to have really poor trigger guard coverage. There could have possibly been something in the bag getting into the trigger guard and when the bag swung…loud unexpected noise.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    The serpa in the video looked to have really poor trigger guard coverage. There could have possibly been something in the bag getting into the trigger guard and when the bag swung…loud unexpected noise.
    I agree, and I do despise SERPA, but I’m curious what could have got in there to pull trigger. While I am no fan of the P320, I am skeptical about this. Neither poor gun choice nor poor holster/ carry method choice would surprise me as to being the main culprit.

But a Serpa and P320 combo? As Buffalo Joe would say “come on man!”.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    Cops are not gun people so it may be a SERPA made for a different gun.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    SERPA might be agency-required.
    Possible but unlikely.

It's also possible it's a SERPA made for a different gun, like a Beretta M9 or what ever her department issued before the P320. Because/ Cops.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Cops are not gun people so it may be a SERPA made for a different gun.
    That thought occurred to me as well. If that’s the case, then I could easily see how something might get into the holster, or the gun easily become unsecured from the holster.

If the same level of attention was given every time somebody shot themselves with a Glock, they would seem like really scary and unsafe weapons.

A few of the accounts regarding the P320 sound plausible to me. The vast majority of them sound like operator error and the operator is now trying to dodge responsibility.

I saw a news story about an officer who shot herself in the leg with her P320 when she was removing the gun from the holster while seated in her patrol vehicle. The claim was that the gun just went off. Even if that’s true, it still doesn’t explain why it was pointed at the officers leg.
    My comments have not been approved by my employer and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer. These are my comments, not my employer's.

User Tag List