Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Sig 320 Lawsuit story

I don’t have to carry a 320, but just reading all this does not inspire confidence especially when you have a fleet of 320s to maintain and the issues they have experienced. Sig is going to sig…… what a shame.

Just thinking out loud: I just might buy into the P365 system, if SIG were to make one with a full-duty-length grip frame. (“Orthopedic” reasons, for my aging hand.) As for the P320, well, just no, thanks. “Fiddly bits” in the P320 bother me. Glocks are fiddly enough. (I love the simplicity of the 1911, the one auto-pistol I can totally take-down, to its smallest bits, and reassemble, without consulting a manual or tutorial.)

I still love my SIG P229R DAK, my longest-serving duty pistol, carried for eleven years during 33 years and ten months of service, but I don’t carry wide-body handSguns, anymore. It is still OK for home defense, with an X300U mounted, to damp the .40 recoil. (I transitioned to an more-orthopedic G17, for 9mm, a lower bore axis, and a grip that better stabilized against the “heel bone” of my hand, as soon as my then-chief OK’ed 9mm to be an alternative duty cartridge, in late 2015.)
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

I

Part of what is keeping sig from making a "duty" 365 is the magazine. A "1.5" stack magazine is not as efficient as a true double stack mag. A 15+ round capacity will require the gun to be taller than every potential competitor.

Unless the 365 is capable of accepting true double stack mags.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Zman001 View Post
    Part of what is keeping sig from making a "duty" 365 is the magazine. A "1.5" stack magazine is not as efficient as a true double stack mag. A 15+ round capacity will require the gun to be taller than every potential competitor.

Unless the 365 is capable of accepting true double stack mags.
    The P365 series scaled up service size would include scaling up to the already common 320 mags.

None of the problems with the 320 or improvements found in the 365 series have anything to do with the magazines.

As already mentioned technical issues are not what prevents SIG from making a 320 2.0 / P366. It’s their investment in the 320 as a “brand” including it’s status as the latest US military service pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The P365 series scaled up service size would include scaling up to the already common 320 mags.

None of the problems with the 320 or improvements found in the 365 series have anything to do with the magazines.

As already mentioned technical issues are not what prevents SIG from making a 320 2.0 / P366. It’s their investment in the 320 as a “brand” including it’s status as the latest US military service pistol.
    If the 365 was scaled up, sure, but a regular 365 FCM with a simply longer frame and slide won't really have much going for it

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    If the 365 was scaled up, sure, but a regular 365 FCM with a simply longer frame and slide won't really have much going for it
    That's all anyone was talking about. Just scale up the 365 FCU and replace the 320 FCU.

Site Supporter
    A scaled up 365 is all that was discussed as a potential 366 / 320 2.0.

A modern service pistol without double stack mags is a non starter.

The desire for a scaled up 365 based service pistol is based on the 365 incorporating lessons learned and internal improvements over the 320. It’s not just a shrunken 320. For example the FCU of the 365 is a casting vs the stamped sheet metal of the 320.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    I believe, some time down the line, Sig will announce the 320A1....which will be mostly what we're discussing here. That will be a good thing for everyone.

The 320 has a lot of appeal as a service pistol in concept especially. They are very accurate, easy to shoot guns. Their modularity makes them very appealing as an issued weapon. With multiple grip frame sizes and trigger shoe options, you can fit most shooters ergonomically.

Of course, this is all a moot point if the damn things have a problem going "bang" at unwanted moments. Looking at the current production Pro series guns, I'm not seeing how this happens. That doesn't mean it doesn't happen....but we haven't figured out how to make it happen. I've received some info about a credible explanation for the mechanism of failure....involving the striker safety plunger spring, but in our examination of our samples, the spring is surprisingly stout for a fiddly bit. I'm awaiting word on a testing process that can reproduce the problem. So far we've banged the living heck out of several of these guns with mallets, in several places from several angles, with the guns held in different positions (horizontal and especially vertical). Haven't made one go bang yet. If I'm able to reproduce the problem, I'll let everyone know. And if we can....well, I guess I'll get my sentimental wish to finish my career with a Smith&Wesson like I started it with.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    That's all anyone was talking about. Just scale up the 365 FCU and replace the 320 FCU.
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    A scaled up 365 is all that was discussed as a potential 366 / 320 2.0.

A modern service pistol without double stack mags is a non starter.

The desire for a scaled up 365 based service pistol is based on the 365 incorporating lessons learned and internal improvements over the 320. It’s not just a shrunken 320. For example the FCU of the 365 is a casting vs the stamped sheet metal of the 320.

The post directly above my first was not

So, give us an in between P365, thinner tan P320, not as tiny as the P365. Use P365 fire control componemts.

User Tag List