Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig 320 Lawsuit story

That gap at the trigger guard in the photo accompanying the news story (caption implying it’s the actual pistol in the incident) looks like it would accommodate more than a few items one might expect to find in a purse.

A similar gap is evident in the product shot from that holster maker.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Archer1440; 08-25-2021 at 01:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Why would a SERPA in a purse trigger a gun? Something pop the gun out by hitting the release? Then something getting in the trigger guard? At the IDPA matches, that HCM and I went to, I was not impressed by the holster (big insight). Saw a new guy struggle so much with the release the SO grabbed him.
    I don’t intend for this to sound sexist, but most purses with which I’ve personally been acquainted have been full of thin, pointy objects (mostly cosmetic related) - I could see something like that migrating into the gap.

I pocket carry a 42 in a holster, and I wouldn’t expect to be able to stick a handful of jewelers screwdrivers in the same pocket. That’s why I insisted my wife get a dedicated carry purse.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

"That’s why I insisted my wife get a dedicated carry purse."
    Good, How Murphy must laugh to see loaded purses and pockets.

Calling it like I see it:

-Her purse costs more than the total she's spent on gear/training.
    -She shows how she kept the 320 in a shitty paddle holster, in said giant dump pouch of a purse, UNDER HER FUCKING DESK.
    -She probably could have carried a different pistol, or a different holster, or a dedicated carry purse, but that's all too expensive and not fashionable enough.

This ND could have happened a thousand times before it did.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    {Sues Sig Sauer over the P320...uses H&K VP9 as a diagram to show how the P320 works}

I think this guy hired the wrong firm.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    Very first diagram is of a VP9. Classy.

I'm not a Sig apologist in the least, but I do notice that it cites every single incident/lawsuit with a 320, irrespective of if the gun was found to be at fault or the end user.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Serpa Derpa is my vote.

I'm not sure why anyone would dump a gun in a push button activated paddle holster into a purse where all sorts of crap rattle around. Keys have a tendency to get into crazy places. Pens, nail clippers and whatever else rattle around. Hell, some of those big assed phones are probably heavy enough to activate the button. Unless she had a dedicated pocket for the gun that didn't have anything else in there, this is a recipe for disaster. With how crappy the Serpa seems to cover the trigger guard, I'd first be looking at that combo vs the gun.

Not saying that its not impossible for something to have gone amiss with the gun causing the sear, striker and striker block to fail simultaneoulsy, but Id think her department armorer would be able to find that ASAFP.

One of the claims from the guy in Florida, I think, claims that the striker design in the 320 does not constrain it vertically (assume direction perp to bore) allowing for it to go off. Anyone a 320 armorer or do enough work on the slide to see if the is possible. aka striker can move such that it disengages the sear and manages to hop around the striker block. I'm thinking no, but I dont have experience with the 320. My 365XL's block seems pretty big, but no calipers or fit testing.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post
    {Sues Sig Sauer over the P320...uses H&K VP9 as a diagram to show how the P320 works}

I think this guy hired the wrong firm.
    These lawsuits are all literal copy and paste jobs from the July 2020 NH lawsuit to include the use of an illustration of a VP9 to represent how striker fired guns work. Several of them also have deceptive info implying that the 2015 death of a PA state trooper resulting from an ND with a SIG P227 DA/SA pistol somehow involved a P320.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....-P320-Concerns

Given these lawsuits are all copy and paste jobs of the July 2020 NH filing the thread should probably be merged.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    I'm thinking if SIG hadn't won the big military contract with the 320, they would have already upsized the P365 (P366?) and called it good.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

User Tag List