Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My Gemtech MIST 10/22 Takedown Experience

Wink

Doc, if you haven’t already replaced the buffer pin in your 10/22, that helps quiet the action down nicely too.
    https://www.tandemkross.com/ShockBlo...22®_p_170.html
    Some guns like reduced recoil springs with subsonic too. KIDD sells a good 3 pack.

Rimfire cans are the best NFA tax stamp gateway. You’re first taste is free shooting someone else’s, but in the end... it’s gonna cost you.

Hammertime
    My neighbor is an engineer and used to build $40,000 big game hunting rifles. I asked him for a recommendation to a machinist and brought the Gemtech and stock Ruger barrel to inspect. He said he could fix it with a file, so I let him and within 5 minutes he was done.

And that is that.

Name:  5820C626-0C03-47D0-8141-00FA2DA00CD3.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  35.8 KBName:  83F53BCA-9A83-4BA5-97BE-F6BBA525E3E3.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  32.2 KBName:  ED21EA99-5E2F-4C08-BD4D-C835C35846EE.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  45.0 KB

It grabs the dummy round here quite well now and in addition grabs a Stinger which I found to be kind of tight in the chamber. Ejects nicely under finger power.

I also got a call back from the S&W/Gemtech repair supervisor who agreed to send me a return label. But…it was pretty clear to me that they have no idea what is going on over there. He was unfamiliar with the product. He also felt they were probably going to stop making it because. It is now an S&W product that would be going on a competitor’s (Ruger’s) platform. I honestly trust my neighbor with a file more than the chaos that is currently going on at Gemtech.

Here’s to thousands of future rounds through this. Thanks all!

I'm glad this got fixed and I'm even more glad you how you did it. Five minutes with a file or 90+ days in limbo and you might not have seen it again. Good stuff.

User Tag List