Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIP Charlie Watts

RIP Charlie Watts

It's gonna be hard to go on without him.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Saw them in '69 and '72.

R.I.P., Charlie.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    It's gonna be hard to go on without him.
    Okie John
    Kind of like Rush without Neil. Charlie was the core foundation of the Stone's sound- stripped down, never fancy, but always rocked the groove.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    I saw them in the 90's on their Vodoo Lounge tour.

I wasn't born in '69 or '72.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    I thought it both amazing and touching that he was married to the same woman for 57 years...

Don’t spoil my now gentile thoughts of him with stories of him donkeying around on tour please. Thank you.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Ron Wood said he had a large collection of old cars that he never drove- he'd just put on a matching suit, start them up, and just sit in them and listen to them running.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Dusty Hill, Eddie, and now Charlie Watts. Makes me feel a little old....

pat

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    I thought it both amazing and touching that he was married to the same woman for 57 years...

Don’t spoil my now gentile thoughts of him with stories of him donkeying around on tour please. Thank you.
    Happily, a lot of the stories coming out that Charlie didn't think much of the Rock & Roll lifestyle, and would often depart the scenes of hedonistic excess to go and read a book instead.

Site Supporter
    I have had Mother's Little Helper ringing through my head this past week...

It does have a lot of room to bounce around....

pat

User Tag List