Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: What is your EDC?

I've owned and carried the gamut in my 32yrs of ccw; a few 1911's, a couple of BHP's, a 92 here, a 220 or a 226 there, Kahrs, a P07 for a couple weeks, 686 & 629 in 4" trim and even a P7M8 have spent time on or in my belt (a smattering of j-frames throughout, of course). But it's Glock that sees 99.5% of my edc...they're simply right for me.

Since I can no longer tolerate AIWB for more than a couple of hours, I've dedicated myself to the 26.5 in a JM IWB#3 for the last 2 years. I can get away with a 19 in fall/winter clothes, but as @GAP has opined, when the 26 works so well as an all year round edc, why mess with the familiarity built through repetition by switching grip sizes?

Name:  EDC.jpg
Views: 1180
Size:  79.2 KB

When I'm mowing or landscaping, I usually opt for my .22 LCR in the front pocket, but after a shower, the 26.5 goes back on when I don clean clothes. On an extremely rare occasion, a G42 in a Keeper's Errand gets the nod, but that hasn't come up in more than a year.

Name:  G26.5 & LCR.jpg
Views: 1172
Size:  53.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by fixer View Post
    This was my EDC when running 1911s except I opted for 45 acp. Really really impressed with those units.
    This pistol has been absolutely stellar for reliability.
    It has never faltered or had any issues.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    Why would we laugh?

Tell us you carry a Yeet Cannon and it may be a different story.
    It's a cheaper gun, and I special ordered it because at the time it was the only thing that checked all the boxes for me. I do need to upgrade the sights, but so far the package works for me. I immediately spent the "extra" money I saved on four additional mags and a Cross Breed holster for it.

I have other comparably sized guns, but this is the one that stays with me. The price is also a serious feature, if anything bad goes down and I need to use it, it seems unlikely I would ever see it again, and the loss is much less than if one of my P320 Compacts or 1911s were "lost".

Quote Originally Posted by GmanVP9 View Post
    A lot of DA/SA guys in here. Kinda surprised by that
    Fear not, the DA shot. (Quoting Ernest Langdon, a member of this forum.)

I just ordered a pre-owned lefty Kramer IWB, through the evil bay, that will accommodate my S&W Models 3914 LS and 908. This takes me a step closer to regularly carrying DA/SA for the first time, since the Nineties.

Edited to add: I carried a DA/SA duty pistol, a P220, 1991-1993. About that time, I added an S&W 3913, which I tended to carry during much personal time, into the mid-Nineties.
    Last edited by Rex G; 08-29-2021 at 09:23 PM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by 358156hp View Post
    Go ahead and laugh... M&P 9C (Compact) with 12 rd mags. Stock as a box of rocks, and (so far) perfectly reliable. My particular gun is one of the very last Gen 1s produced, and Smiff appears to have had the bugs worked out of them by this point. The introduction of the Gen 2 Compact was delayed for a while, so they just kept making the Gen 1 Compacts until they had the Gen 2s ready for distribution. I have an Apex trigger kit for it around here somewhere, but I haven't felt it necessary to go there yet.

Two complaints about it though, it has a really tight chamber that doesn't appreciate cast bullet practice ammo, and the feed ramps seem unnecessarily narrow. This could cause feeding issues with broad meplat designs. The little darlin' really does like Hornady Extreme Duty 135 gr +P though, and I can buy a few bullets here and there to save on ammo costs.
    I carried the.40S&W version as a backup in uniform since it came out. I’ve got a 9mm conversion barrel for it that seems to work well. I’ve been watching for the 9mm 2.0 version to become available.

Staccato C2 with Holosun 507C in a Tenicor Certum.

Quote Originally Posted by GmanVP9 View Post
    ^ how are you liking the PDP, they look awesome
    So far I love it, it fixes everything wrong with the PPQ. For me, primarily that is the slippery grip. Everyone I've shown it to wants one or offered to buy mine from me.
    Join FPC

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    I've been carrying my P99 a lot lately.

I didn't think I'd carry it much--it's not exactly small and the slide is fairly thick. But it fits and rides very comfortably in a basic soft holster and it's actually lighter than my Kahr K9. It's kind of weirdly light--22 oz.
    Same here. My other two contenders are a P30sk LEM and a PPS M2. I really like the HK but despite it being smaller than the P99 it doesn't seem to conceal any better for me. The PPS is much slimmer than the other 2 and very comfortable to carry, but it doesn't offer any real concealment advantage as the P99 is already pretty much invisible even just under a T-shirt AIWB and that's good enough.

I carry all 3 in comparable "forum approved" AIWB holster and belt combos, but there's something about the shape, contouring and weight distribution if the P99 that makes it conceal better than one might expect, and even with similar carry gear it seems to stay planted better than the other 2, which seem more susceptible to shifting on me and printing a little where they hadn't been previously.

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

On the job, it's a Sig P229R DAK in .40 S&W. If it looks like the environment might get interesting, I'll add either a S&W 442 or a Sig P365, with a reload for whichever one I have. Off-duty, I've really come to appreciate the Walther PPQ in both 9mm and .40 S&W. For me, the PPQ just shoots like a laser.

User Tag List