Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your EDC?

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I should do another one of those these days...
    You only need two questions:
    1-have you changed carry guns?
    2-if you have, did you add a RDS?
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

My EDC has changed over the years with experience and what I have found works best for me. I am not a big guy overall at 5'4" and 160 lbs. I tried carrying full size handguns back when I forst started carrying and found it just does not work for me. So, when the M&P Shield came out I jumped all over it and it has worked great for me. So, that is my most carried handgun. M&P Shield 9 or Shield 45 is what I usually have on me. A Ruger LCR 38 is another handgun I carry very often. Then I also conceal carry while on Army National Guard duty. I prefer DA/SA handguns and a P07 has been my primary carry for that situation.

Always been some type of duty gun only now it's just lighter. Went from the old Ruger P89 to Beretta 92 to 3rd gen SW to Sig 226 to Glock 19/19X

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

G19.4,G26.5, or 442-1.

And all my practice is with Glocks or J's from carry holsters and concealment.

P365 90% of the time. Duty M&P 9mm w/ TRL-1 the rest. AIWB with few exceptions.
    Going to adjust by adding an RMRcc to the Sig by either buying a P365XL slide and mounting it or just milling the current 365 slide.
    We're going to a milled/mounted RMR at work on the existing M&Ps, so I may as well do the same for my EDC. My eyes are having a hard time focusing on the front sight thanks to aging.

Anyone know of a high quality RDS Instructor class within a day's drive of SW Ohio? OPOTA held a one off class recently but I wasn't able to go.

Quote Originally Posted by iWander View Post
    P365 90% of the time. Duty M&P 9mm w/ TRL-1 the rest. AIWB with few exceptions.
    Going to adjust by adding an RMRcc to the Sig by either buying a P365XL slide and mounting it or just milling the current 365 slide.
    We're going to a milled/mounted RMR at work on the existing M&Ps, so I may as well do the same for my EDC. My eyes are having a hard time focusing on the front sight thanks to aging.

Anyone know of a high quality RDS Instructor class within a day's drive of SW Ohio? OPOTA held a one off class recently but I wasn't able to go.
    Modern Samurai is having an LE only class in Xenia in October. I believe they also have an open enrollment class in the Cleves area that month also

Work G45/TLR7a BUG P365

Off duty if I am too lazy to go open the gun safe will be the same as above. If I open the safe, I grab my personal G45/TLR8a green with the P365 as a BUG.

Yard work or walking the hood P365 IWB with the 12 round mag with a 15 round reload if I am too lazy to go open the safe. If I open the safe, I grab the G43x MOS and pocket carry the P365 as a BUG/NY reload.

Regards.

I'm gonna be honest, I don't get out much and when I do it's usually for a short time during the day, pretty low-risk for the most part. So I just drop a Ruger LCR .38 in the pocket and a couple speed strips in the other. I have a Glock 19 ready to go if I'm going to be out for a while and/or it just seems prudent based on circumstances.

I was was working on switching over to Beretta 92's/PX4's but the place I work switched us from 92's to Sig P320's. So I might start looking at P365's.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

MY "EDC" often varies based on whatever is close, has a holster and a spare mag right there.

Most of the time it is a Glock 9mm/1911 .45. But it might be an N Frame .44, S&W 3rd gen .45, Glock 21 .45.

Welcome to the forum! My short answer: Revolving pistols.

I have several Glocks, but no G43, and, I traded-away my three G19 pistols, last year, because I shoot the G17 much better, can conceal a G17 about as well, and, because G19 pistols starting injuring my aging right hand. I do not use the “cool” P-F shotgun, either, having a pair of the Benelli M2, rather than the trendy Beretta 1301.

Long answer: I am defaulting to selecting my carry guns from among several revolvers: SP101, Speed Six, S&W Model 64, and GP100. (It is not “rotation.”) I own two or more of each, and, am known to carry more than one at a time. We are still staying relatively socially isolated, which limits live-fire training. I need more live-fire training, with autos, than I do with revolvers. Revolvers are most ambidextrous. (I am functionally ambidextrous, with handguns; my left hand remains my healthier hand.) I believe that I will always shoot a K-/L-Frame, GP100, or similar revolver, more-consistently better than any auto. Every shot that I fire, with any handgun, seems to improve my skill with my favored revolvers.

I am concerned about how well my aging right hand provides firm support for reliable auto-loading function, when shooting right-handed. Being the support hand, during lefty shooting, can also get to be a bit much, if I use that “proper” thumbs-forward grip. Going forward, I am favoring handguns that work well when shooting one-handed, lefty. Nothing against autos. I bought some, recently, that fit my left hand very well, and which have grips that mean they are handguns, rather than handSguns. Glock G30s Short Frame, and Gen4 G30. Single-column-mag 9mm Third-Generation S&W autos. These may become carry guns, if they prove reliable, and prove to be good one-hand lefty guns. Again, however, we do not go shooting, much.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

User Tag List