Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your EDC?

Wife's EDC

My wife's EDC bears a striking family resemblance.

PX4 Storm SubCompact 9, Federal Premium HSTs, 124 grn +P, 2 mags.

Name:  Screenshot_20210823-231338.jpg
Views: 888
Size:  58.5 KB

"Striking" I see what you did there.

Nice piece.

Cat

Quote Originally Posted by Catshooter View Post
    "Striking" I see what you did there.

Nice piece.

Cat
    Thanks for all the kind words!

HK P30sk, LEM, 9mm
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

95% of the time is usually my issued Glock 19M.

If I left law enforcement, it'd most likely be a Gen 5 Glock 19 or possibly a Wilson X9 EDC or Staccato C2. I've been carrying a Colt M45A1 as of late just because my issued guns are still overseas and I want to carry a proper fighting handgun, but don't really have anything else fullsize besides the Colt and a Beretta 92....and, since we transitioned to the Glocks, I haven't been shooting DA/SA as much and decided I'm not as comfortable with it as I used to be.

Small gun for NPE or when I don't feel like carrying a full size gun has historically been a Kahr PM9 as it used to be authorized by my agency. Since that's no longer the case, I'm transitioning to a Glock 42 to try (got it on a trade, figured why not) and will likely buy a Glock 43 and/or SIG P365 to try as well before I settle on something (if I ever do...).
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I settle on something (if I ever do...).
    Is that even possible? Or allowed? I mean c'mon man, how do I do that?

You know, in all honesty, if I had known 45+ years ago what I know now, I doubt I'd have ever left the 1911. That was my first legal carry weapon but I didn't know the technical ins and outs of keeping it running and gave up too easily.

Youth really is wasted on the young.

Cat

Most often a CZ P07. Also a CZ P01 or P09 some of the time. About 10% of the time I downsize to a Kahr P9 or Ruger LCR .38.

Site Supporter

What is your EDC?

Lately my EDC has been a Sig P365. Previously it was a Glock 26. I do not live in a ban state, but find that 10+1 size 9mm guns provide an excellent balance of protection and discretion,

I do occasionally carry a Glock 19 when my mode of dress allows.

I carry 2 spare magazines if carrying IWB, and 1 spare if pocket carrying.

I started carrying during the federal 1994-2004 ban. While I would never support such a law, I would be largely unaffected if I had to deal with one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Stock HK P30 & spare magazine or SIG Sauer P227 & spare magazine
    Springfield Armory XD-S 4.0 in .45 when mowing the lawn.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    There’s also a lot of law enforcement here as well so I would imagine that would probably have a lot to do with the density of Glocks around these parts.
    This is a big factor that shapes my choices. I work for a Glock job. Given my available gun training time, I’m at my best when only shooting one family of pistols. That means that in places where I might have to do work stuff while off duty, I carry a 26. It’s scalable with just a mag change. In other places I have a 43. I’ve even found a way to pocket carry the 43. Think spurred hammer j frame methodology.

We’re I not at a Glock job I would carry the LTT PX4CC vs the 26. The 43 would have some competition from a tried and true 442 but that race isn’t over just yet. J frame in the pocket fills a really important role.

All of my choices are solid “ban state” guns.
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

User Tag List