Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Clint is selling Thunder Ranch.

Clint is selling Thunder Ranch.

Dam! The times are a changing.

https://fsbo.com/listings/listings/s...eid=8aee41303e

Hello from Thunder Ranch! Both Heidi and I appreciate you being a loyal follower of our newsletter, so we’re giving you the scoop on our big announcement and changes
    before anyone else.

Today's world has become a more challenging and complicated place than most of us could have ever imagined. We at Thunder Ranch recognize that the ongoing global events taking place over the past 18 months have irrevocably changed almost every facet of modern-day life. This includes doing what we do, and how we do it.

One of our core values, Logic, shows us that almost every obstacle comes with an opportunity, if you’re open to seeing it. We believe that this is our opportunity to create a better experience for our current students, and to be more accessible for many more future students. We know it’s even harder to travel now, so we’re doing something about it. To accomplish this, we will be relocating our base of operations, and adopting new ways of conducting business in the coming years. Yes, that means we are selling the property here in Lakeview, Oregon. You can find the details on the property’s sale here:

https://fsbo.com/listings/listings/show/id/525934/

With that said, Thunder Ranch will be transitioning into a dual-focused business model starting in 2022, those being regionalized live-fire training classes and enhanced digital content offerings. We are excited about these next steps, and what they will offer in our ability to continue delivering the highest quality of training, and the sharing of our hard-earned knowledge with you, our family of friends and students. Everything that you’ve come to expect from Thunder Ranch will remain intact, we’re just growing with the times.

I know this will create a lot more questions than it provides answers to, but for now please understand that these are changes for 2022 and beyond. And no worries for anyone currently signed up for classes now, we will still be providing our best efforts to every student attending
    classes here in Lakeview or elsewhere.

Thank you,

Clint

While Clint didn't mention it, I would bet the combination of record real estate prices and an almost certain increase in capital gain taxes, made this a great time to make a move.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Yeah. I cannot imagine what that little slice he has is worth...

If ya can’t beat ‘em...take their money and laugh to the bank...
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    Yeah. I cannot imagine what that little slice he has is worth...

If ya can’t beat ‘em...take their money and laugh to the bank...
    There is a link to the property in there and asking price is $6.5 million as I recall.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    There is a link to the property in there and asking price is $6.5 million as I recall.
    PF group buy?

With the trajectory that Oregon is on, politically, I would be getting out as well. My really good friends exited Oregon for Idaho a couple years ago and haven't regretted it one bit.

Half the area nearby was just on fire too.

Makes sense overall from just a property management point of view.

Most folks have already moved away from the "static gun school" to the "traveling roadshow" model as is.

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    With the trajectory that Oregon is on, politically, I would be getting out as well. My really good friends exited Oregon for Idaho a couple years ago and haven't regretted it one bit.
    My money is on this. Voting with his feet…

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    an almost certain increase in capital gain taxes, made this a great time to make a move.
    our financial guys are cautioning about this as well.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Site Supporter
    Life is a circle sometimes.

Post Gunsite- TR was primarily a road show for Clint.

TR Tx was a fixed site until an inability to buy the land in TX coupled with family desires to be closer to Heidi's parents out west drove the move.

TR was a bit of a road show while TR Oregon came on line.

TR Oregon was a fixed site.

TR Oregon always had its challenges re location and need to use lead free ammo etc. Clearly, the state as a whole has moved well past Clint's most left leaning outpost by far.

I "know" nothing. I trained at TR Tx in 04.

I suspect that Clint will end up somewhere in the south where the weather is nice and the people are more to his liking.

I suspect that TR will be a road show so long as his health and conditions on the ground will allow.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

User Tag List