Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Clint is selling Thunder Ranch.

Clint quote from about 2 years ago, as he talked about teaching:
    “I hope I’m teaching a class 2 weeks after I’m dead.”
    Gotta admire the man and his dedication…

I've been there several times including recently. It was impressive the first time there around 2007. But since then, the facility has been greatly improved. Originally it was oriented towards pistol and Urban Rifle up to 100 yards but in the intervening years, an incredible rifle range that allowed lead was added along with long range options in the hills surrounding the rifle range. A dedicated shotgun range was added within I believe the last 18 months and there are other upgrades for specialized, possibly noncivilian type training, evident here and there. Client and Heidi have spent a incredible amount of money and effort recently with range improvements.

About 4 or 5 years ago, he told me he was feeling good for the first time in years (he has had many, multiple health problems) and had re-vamped Urban Rifle (mine was the first class with the changes) and making other changes. Previously, I think he and Heidi ran the entire operation with occasional help from a part time staff person. Courses had locals or others mostly within the state, usually active or retired LEO, assist at the actual class. But this class was a far different, a better run, and adequately staffed operation. The average age in the classes plummeted.

Thunder Ranch continued to improve itself and marketing to the current day. $6.5 million seems like a steel to me. It is a beautiful facility, very well maintained, proper weed and good range management (for fire), and an incredible house with a fantastic view.

I take Client at his word about why they are selling now. In broad terms, it makes sense. I also think, which he did say or implied, is that they are selling property sooner than planned. COVID19 may have been an eye opener in more than one way.

User Tag List