Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If you’re thinking about getting into wet tumbling, the FART is on sale

If you’re thinking about getting into wet tumbling, the FART is on sale

The Frankford Arsenal Reloading Tumbler is on sale at Amazon for way below anywhere else at $130 and this tumbler is the standard for wet tumbling which is the way.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HTN4R6O
    #RESIST

Excellent tool. Totally changed my process.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

All I read was wet fart. Not sure why I clicked.

Is wet tumbling that much better than dry media with polish? My brass gets pretty clean with the latter but I've never wet tumbled before...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ER_STL View Post
    All I read was wet fart. Not sure why I clicked.

Is wet tumbling that much better than dry media with polish? My brass gets pretty clean with the latter but I've never wet tumbled before...
    Wet media curious...

You, sir, just cost me some money! Had my eye on one for awhile so glad to snag it on sale. Goodbye harbor freight rock tumbler.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Excellent tool. Totally changed my process.
    What “recipe” do you use? I’ve been using lemishine and armorall car wash n wax.

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    What “recipe” do you use? I’ve been using lemishine and armorall car wash n wax.
    My goal was to eliminate lead contamination from dry tumbling, and also not pollute the environment with the washing solution. From the papers I’ve read on washing lead contaminated soil, you need a ~2 millimolar solution of EDTA to chelate the lead. Roughly, that works out to 1 gram of EDTA per liter of water. Apparently you need to titrate the water to pH 8 in order for the EDTA to dissolve. After tumbling, I think we can just discard the solution since the lead is bound to the EDTA.

1/8 tsp washing soda per gal of hot tap water brings pH above 8. Then I add 1 tsp of EDTA for approx 4 mMol solution. To that, I add Lemishine and Wash-n-Wax, and pour that gallon into the brass-filled FART. It's working well so far.

Last edited by Clusterfrack; 08-23-2021 at 08:09 PM.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Looks like a deal. I still use a dry medium that gets brass clean enough for my purposes, but if I were buying into reloading gear for the first time I would spend the bucks on that one.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

My goal was to eliminate lead contamination from dry tumbling, and also not pollute the environment with the washing solution. From the papers I’ve read on washing lead contaminated soil, you need a ~2 millimolar solution of EDTA to chelate the lead. Roughly, that works out to 1 gram of EDTA per liter of water. Apparently you need to titrate the water to pH 8 in order for the EDTA to dissolve. After tumbling, I think we can just discard the solution since the lead is bound to the EDTA.

1/8 tsp washing soda per gal of hot tap water brings pH above 8. Then I add 1 tsp of EDTA for approx 4 mMol solution. To that, I add Lemishine and Wash-n-Wax, and pour that gallon into the brass-filled FART. It's working well so far.
    Spoken like a true Bio Chemist.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Spoken like a true Bio Chemist.
    I was thinking Mad Scientist, but close enough.😁

User Tag List