Thread: Question (9mm carryAmmo)

Question (9mm carryAmmo)

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Deer Valley/Park City and surrounding areas have the most variety and options, as well as easy travel from SLC.

Lake Tahoe--Squaw Valley/Alpine Meadows, Heavenly, Northstar, Kirkwood, Mt. Rose, etc... is also a good choice with easy access from Reno or even Sacramento.

Silverthorne CO--Keystone, Copper, Breckenridge, A-Basin, Loveland, etc... offers a lot to do, but is more of a pain to get to up 70 from Denver.

Jackson, Sun Valley, Taos, Big Sky, Mammoth all have a bit less around them.
    Hey Doc, this is gonna be super off topic from this thread, but I have no clue how to private message on this forum, I don't see where the option is. But anyways, what do you think of the Federal 9mm 135 Gr Hydra-Shok Deep round, specifically out of a 3.6" barrel? This is the combo I plan to carry, and was wondering if this would make that "acceptable carry ammo list"? I see that Winchester 147 Gr RA9B is on that list, and feel that the Hydra Shok Deep performs similar to that (Deep penetration, smaller expansion), except a little better. Out of a 3.6" barrel the Hydra Shok Deep prob hit around 975-980 FPS. Do you think it would expand more reliably than the RA9B, through bone, out of a 3.6" barrel? Thanks.

You couldn’t PM DocGKR because new members can’t send PMs until their account is verified due to spammers. He may not answer you, he’s a busy man. If he doesn’t, find ammo he does recommend.
    #RESIST

User Tag List