Thread: Simply Rugged Silver Dollar Pancake for Colt King Cobra 3" Revolver

Simply Rugged Silver Dollar Pancake for Colt King Cobra 3" Revolver

There are few choices right now for a good leather holster that will fit a new Colt King Cobra 3". Simply Rugged is one of the few that is making a custom holster for them at this time. I ordered their Silver Dollar Pancake holster and their "Real Man's Gun Belt". They arrived on my door step in a little under 4 weeks.

First impressions:

This gear seems to live up to it's name. It is simple and rugged. The holster is nice thick, quality leather and well made. The belt slots allow strong side and cross draw carry. While not finely boned, the holster was molded to fit this revolver and it fits nicely. The mouth of the holster is flared and stays open when the revolver is not in place. The holster covered pretty much all of the revolver except for the grip

I ordered the 1.75" wide belt and the leather is close to 1/4" thick. The belt is simple, stiff and should last the rest of my life.

So far I am really pleased and I think you would be hard pressed to do any better for the money if you want a rugged, handmade in the USA, all-purpose OWB rig. $60 for the holster, $10 for the boarder stamping and $50 for the belt.

It's going to take a little time to break it all in but that is to be expected.

Name:  IMG_0013.jpg
Views: 423
Size:  41.1 KB
    Name:  IMG_0014.jpg
Views: 447
Size:  99.2 KB
    Name:  IMG_0015.jpg
Views: 439
Size:  56.2 KB
    Name:  IMG_0024.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  58.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_0022.jpg
Views: 431
Size:  95.8 KB
    Name:  IMG_0023.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  60.6 KB

I've got a Simply Rugged Silver Dollar rig for an SP101 3" and the Kimber K6s 3" fits rather nicely. I especially appreciate the crossdraw feature, use it while driving.

I tried his pancake holster for my Blackhawk but I find its very hard to reholster. The cylinder hangs up.

I also have a pretty long torso and find it to high.

I've had it a long time and have heard a lot of great things about the newer ones being made.

His threepersons are great too

I have the Sourdough for my 3” GP-100, protects your hide from the gun, protects the gun from getting dinged up and I honestly don’t notice that I’m carrying a pretty good chunk of SS on my belt. Re-holstering can take a bit of finagling until the holster breaks in. Then it just drops into place. It looks just like your Silverdollar, just more cow and no tooling.

The Sourdough for my Blackhawk is a bit futzier to reholster due to the shape of the gun, but it will only be used as a woods walking gun.

User Tag List