Thread: Glock Parts

Glock Parts

Has the availability of Glock parts gotten any better recently??

Not that I'm aware of.

FWIW, I attended GLOCK Armorer training last week in Naples FL, and the instructor went so far as to highlight the parts shortage issue. He said that the parts were in fact going to making guns (he indicated they (Smyrna, Glock, not sure) built 2M guns in 2020). He said he did not expect that to change anytime soon. He did add if you were a LE Armorer, your chances were better, but you needed to go through your area representative to get parts.

That's exactly what I was told when I re-certified in March.

I had a fairly large order in just as the curtain came down due to COVID, including the .357 SIG barrel for my Gen4 G22. Glock said that they'd fulfull it, but that it would take several months. The issue at that point was primarily staffing and shipping constraints due to COVID mandates and illnesses, which then morphed into virtually all production being directed to new gun production due to the huge upsurge in demand.

While not too much ever breaks on my Glocks, I do like to have a bit of a stockpile available for forecasted wear items, such as spring cups, trigger springs, etc. That's now getting a bit thin in some areas, but no cause for alarm just yet.

Best, Jon

User Tag List