Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do trigger safeties work? (VP9 for example)

I still do not know why Sig-Sauer didn't go balls deep with a trigger dingus on the P320.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonder9 View Post
    I still do not know why Sig-Sauer didn't go balls deep with a trigger dingus on the P320.
    Because it's an inertia safety to keep the trigger bar from moving due to inertia if dropped not a "trigger safety." Internally the trigger bar on the 320 moves the opposite direction of Glocks and most other trigger bars.

If that was an effective solution someone like APEX would be making and selling them.

SIG was well aware of this and only made one as a marketing gimmick to sell guns to ignorant people conditioned to Glocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder9 View Post
    The earliest models of the P320 were clearly borrowing heavily from the P250 DAO. When I first shot a P320 (sometime around 2014) I recall wondering why they didn’t start from the ground up rather than modifying a P250, especially with position of the bore relative to the hand, lack of out-of-battery disconnect feature, and the trigger that lacked a dingus as unusual for SFA. it seemed the P320 design may not have been expected to be wildly popular so Sig prioritized cost in its development? This is my hunch.

I’m also convinced the reason they simply lightened the mass of trigger itself instead of switching to a dingus type trigger was to avoid looking like they had a legit design flaw.

Clearly I’m not a P320 fan but that’s just my mileage. I was once invested in the platform, took the armorer course at Sig academy, etc, but now I don’t even own one. For me it was their handling of the “voluntary upgrade” that put nail in coffin. Between berettas, HKs and glocks I have all my bases covered and have full faith in their designs.

User Tag List