Thread: JCN reviews Dynamic Target Solutions

JCN reviews Dynamic Target Solutions

Ordered these:

https://www.dynamictargetsolutions.com/

Haven’t gotten around to opening the box until now.

Name:  EFBA773F-3A35-4DDF-B6C2-D2F5CFE09596.jpg
Views: 420
Size:  83.3 KB

Seems like it might have some good use for training and gaming.

I personally was finally motivated to unbox it for creation of my own portable Rogers range.

It also would be nice on the “random presentation” to truly test reactive ability.

I’ve been wanting something like this but cost was prohibitively expensive before.

This seemed pretty reasonable.

If there’s any application people would like to see, let me know.

I was thinking of USPSA max trap / clamshell training and pseudo swinger but if you want to see it self defense-ish I can take video.

For my pseudo Rogers range I have these 8” cardboard rounds (they’re cake serving things).

Name:  3001CE27-76E1-4B4D-B6E3-A86A48C98D5E.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  64.5 KB

Inside the cases:

Name:  E1497963-07BA-4F75-B9FA-8BD33092290E.jpg
Views: 434
Size:  101.7 KB

In motion

Basic unit controls:

This is how I anticipate setting it up for a Rogers simulation for reactive targets.

In the video it is set on “random” and it’ll also cycle through the other channels too if I had them hooked up.

Seems like that would do nicely.

If I secured the base more firmly, that lateral wobble would go away.

So do you rob banks?

When I went to Rogers I had intended to put in for two lanes upon my return. IIRC, they were shy of $30,000 at the time.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    So do you rob banks?

When I went to Rogers I had intended to put in for two lanes upon my return. IIRC, they were shy of $30,000 at the time.
    I am wealthy…. But I still like value.

That’s why something like this is so great. For $1500 having ability to run 4 channels on random to get reactive target practice that you really can’t get very well otherwise seems like a bargain.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I am wealthy…. But I still like value.

That’s why something like this is so great. For $1500 having ability to run 4 channels on random to get reactive target practice that you really can’t get very well otherwise seems like a bargain.
    How have these been holding up for you? We had them out to demo the system (they're local), and we're impressed by it for the value, portability and simplicity. Probably writing up a purchase order for a whole system tomorrow. I envision making good use of this for decision based shooting exercises for our perishable skills program.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    How have these been holding up for you? We had them out to demo the system (they're local), and we're impressed by it for the value, portability and simplicity. Probably writing up a purchase order for a whole system tomorrow. I envision making good use of this for decision based shooting exercises for our perishable skills program.
    I haven’t used them a ton but I think they are simple enough that the motors should have good duty life and individual motor units can be swapped out so I really like the modularity.

I think they are a great value and there’s nothing else on the market in this price range (but there should be!)

User Tag List