Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Federal Flight Control

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    I concur with TCinVA. I used to have a 590A1 that would hold all the pellets in the upper A-B zone of a USPSA target with LE13300. My current guns aren't quite that tight but still good. It looks like your barrel is shooting them very well.
    That first photo looks a lot like what I would expect out of LE13200 (9 pellet) at 25 yards.

Prior to the advent of the FC wad, the max distance for 00B on our qual course was 18yards. After we started using the LE13200 too many student officers were maxing shotgun qual with targets showing obvious flaws in fundamentals. So we moved back to 25 yards and cut time on the closer shots.

IMHO the FC wad is/was a game changer for the LE and SD shotgun.

BTW = that is a good barrel, take care of it!
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    Prior to the advent of the FC wad, the max distance for 00B on our qual course was 18yards.
    Ours is 15 yards and we still use the Ranger LE 00 load in our 14" 870s.

I'd be pretty hard-pressed to try taking a shot in reality at 15 yards, to be honest....we're barely holding them on the torso at 15, there's no room for error. Similar to how people say the Mk18 is a 100 yard gun, I'd say our M870Ps with this load are 10 yard guns.

The FC is definitely a game changer, as you put it, and I'm disappointed we haven't bothered to transition. You'd think the liability aspect alone would drive a change, but I guess it's a dying system and nobody wants to be bothered with it.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

These two shells are from the same lot #. Not only that, but they were next to each other in the same 5 round box.
    Name:  285622201_277422054543849_8607524389983100425_n.jpg
Views: 672
Size:  44.6 KB

I patterned 2 boxes of ammo, from 2 lots. One was the lot I pictured above. I am sure there were some ruffles and non-ruffles going on. The patterning was done at 25 meters using my M4 Entry model. On two occasions, I cannot be sure if a pellet went through the same hole as another pellet. I am presuming it did, given the rest of the patterns in totality.

One lot # produced an 11" overall pattern, the other lot # produced a roughly 12" overall pattern size.
    The largest pattern from any singular shell in them was 8", and 9", respectively.
    The smallest pattern in each of them was 4.5", and 5", respectively.
    This again presumes no pellets missed, and that they simply went next to/in the same holes as another.

Name:  286389261_1205813570185939_4931969648623750506_n.jpg
Views: 554
Size:  25.4 KB
    Name:  287552327_523855236189385_3088896727994001281_n.jpg
Views: 553
Size:  24.2 KB

In stock. Close but . . . cigar?

https://www.federalpremium.com/shots...002336&jb=2477

Product Overview
    Make the threat scatter, not the pellets. Federal Premium® buckshot loads featuring the rear-braking FLITECONTROL® wad provide superior patterns to better protect your family. Their specialized payloads produce penetration fine-tuned to the needs of self-defense situations.

Copper-plated shot
    Buffering prevents deformation
    FLITECONTROL® wad provides the tightest, most reliable patterns possible

It's the 9 pellet load.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post

Product Overview
    Make the threat scatter, not the pellets. Federal Premium® buckshot loads featuring the rear-braking FLITECONTROL® wad provide superior patterns to better protect your family. Their specialized payloads produce penetration fine-tuned to the needs of self-defense situations.

Copper-plated shot

It's the 9 pellet load.
    JFC is Federal making this shit out of gold and oil? 14 bucks for 5 rounds of 9-pellet?

I'm growing a bit weary of trying to find FC both in stock and at a reasonable price. I know we're in a shortage, but at ~3 bucks a round you can't even afford to shoot someone with it...like what does one do - shoot someone and then check their wallet for a ten spot to cover the ammo bill?

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"

Product Overview

Copper-plated shot

It's the 9 pellet load.
    And $2.80/round. I paid a lot less than that for 8-pellet not long ago.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Wow- I didn’t realize that Federal Flight Control was still that hard to come by, and still so expensive.
    That’s slightly more expensive than some 8-pellet I got from Lucky Gunner early this year. I thought I’d overpaid, but wanted to stock up a bit while I could.
    Good to know it’s out there if someone really needs some.

Product Overview

Copper-plated shot

It's the 9 pellet load.

Site Supporter
    $5.99/box at Streicher's...

https://www.streichers.com/federal-1...tical-buckshot

I've placed several orders over the last year or so...they seem to always have the 9-pellet in stock. And their pic is old...it's in the newest packaging.

Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post
    $5.99/box at Streicher's...

https://www.streichers.com/federal-1...tical-buckshot

I've placed several orders over the last year or so...they seem to always have the 9-pellet in stock. And their pic is old...it's in the newest packaging.
    Yep, that's the low-recoil 9-pellet.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

User Tag List