0 0%
  • You need a J frame or LCR.

10 23.81%
  • Mods here are shit.

7 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Next Glock?

A G5 version of this. Fits perfect in G17 holsters.

Name:  1E41C662-779D-4759-9873-E467440D8EE3.jpg
Views: 429
Size:  85.7 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Site Supporter
    G21 or G26.

At one point less than 18 months ago I had 17 9mm glocks of various sizes sitting in one of my safes, I now own 4, the rest were either sold or traded. Three of ones that are left are Gen 5 19's, two of them are RDS capable with either a RMR06 or a Holosun optic mounted and one is a early gen 5 with irons only. The last glock is a 43x that I've been carrying a lot recently. I've had several 48's and have finally accepted that I have no love for them over the 19. I used to be one of those guys that wanted glock to build a single stack 19 sized pistol as I thought it would be awesome, they finally did and after some use I realized that the only thing it did for me was hold less ammo.... I used to love the Glock 34, at one point I had five of them and they were my primary class and game pistol, but I switched to Berettas and 1911's for much of that so they are gone, same with the 17's, 26 and 45 that I tried out.... Anymore the insides of my safes and most of my range time are filled with Beretta 92's, 1911's, Revolvers and Browning Hi Powers, so it's pretty much 1985 up in the pistol section for me and I've been happy with that.

So I guess what I'm saying is that if I had to make a decision with the above options available I would either buy a spare 43x or another Glock 19.... or better yet another 1911...
    "So strong is this propensity of mankind, to fall into mutual animosities, that where no substantial occasion presents itself, the most frivolous and fanciful distinctions have been sufficient to kindle their unfriendly passions, and excite their most violent conflicts." - James Madison, Federalist No 10

Site Supporter
    Went by a different LGS and the 34.4 in their case was giving me the sad puppy eyes. Also, most of the P365's/XL's were on sale. I've tried a P365 in the past, but I haven't tried a P365XL. Too many guns, not enough money.
    --Jason--

Site Supporter
    Since the 34 is winning the poll I went by the gun store and held it. I probably shouldn't have but I did. Problem is I saw a new S&W 43c.
    Name:  dNzc9YO.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  39.0 KB
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    Since the 34 is winning the poll I went by the gun store and held it. I probably shouldn't have but I did. Problem is I saw a new S&W 43c.
    Do you not have a J-frame or LCR?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rcbusmc24 View Post
    At one point less than 18 months ago I had 17 9mm glocks of various sizes sitting in one of my safes, I now own 4, the rest were either sold or traded. Three of ones that are left are Gen 5 19's, two of them are RDS capable with either a RMR06 or a Holosun optic mounted and one is a early gen 5 with irons only. The last glock is a 43x that I've been carrying a lot recently. I've had several 48's and have finally accepted that I have no love for them over the 19. I used to be one of those guys that wanted glock to build a single stack 19 sized pistol as I thought it would be awesome, they finally did and after some use I realized that the only thing it did for me was hold less ammo.... I used to love the Glock 34, at one point I had five of them and they were my primary class and game pistol, but I switched to Berettas and 1911's for much of that so they are gone, same with the 17's, 26 and 45 that I tried out.... Anymore the insides of my safes and most of my range time are filled with Beretta 92's, 1911's, Revolvers and Browning Hi Powers, so it's pretty much 1985 up in the pistol section for me and I've been happy with that.

So I guess what I'm saying is that if I had to make a decision with the above options available I would either buy a spare 43x or another Glock 19.... or better yet another 1911...
    13 Glocks gone?

Is this a cry for help? We are here. To see what you bought with the proceeds from those Glocks. It better be guns. If it’s a boat - we’re having an intervention.

ETA: I hope it’s obvious this is a joke, but just in case. I am kidding, etc.
    Last edited by BWT; 08-24-2021 at 09:56 AM.
    God Bless,

Brandon

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Do you not have a J-frame or LCR?
    No. I do have a SP101(3", .357) but it's not conducive to dropping in a pocket. I may sell it to fund a J frame/LCR.
    --Jason--

No. I do have a SP101(3", .357) but it's not conducive to dropping in a pocket. I may sell it to fund a J frame/LCR.
    Ah, yeah that might be a wee bit heavy.

My snubby story is as follows:

Hold multiple J-frames at various local shops. All are new. All have oddly "crunchy" triggers (is this normal I wonder. Shrug, they are popular, so maybe it's me). Identify one (forget, it had night sights and was some kind of all-singing all-dancing model) that cost over $800. Was withdrawing credit card from wallet, and thought, hmm, I should probably shoot one of these first sometime.

Traveled to another shop and rented an "airweight" snubby. Bought some .38 special. This should be fine, right? Holy hell, shooting that thing was like my hand was on fire. Oh and the trigger sucked. Need to rethink.

Heard about Ruger LCRs. Tried one in a shop, dry. Wow, it's ugly. But the trigger? Very smooth.

Got a sale ad from CDNN for a LCR in .357. Bought it. Weighed 18 oz. Bought some wadcutters. Shot great. I carried it in a Desantis Nemesis, later an A-holster. Sold the A-holster and still have the Nemesis.

Decided saving some weight is a good thing, so I sold the LCR in .357 and bought an LCR in .38. Still used wadcutters, but switched to Federal Gold Medal. Thing weighs about same as a potato chip (kidding, I think it's 13 oz).

I have that .38 on me as I type this, in a Dark Star Gear Hitchhiker AIWB. I just got back from the gym. I will move it to the Desantis Nemesis shortly. It is usually in my pocket almost every day, in the house, in the yard, washing the car, etc. I have 510 rounds through it, all go bang, every time.

Shoots good. I like it a lot.

Name:  IMG_7963.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  28.9 KB

Hammertime
    Name:  dNzc9YO.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  39.0 KB
    It is a fun toy but they are finicky. Stick with a G19 MOS.

User Tag List