10 23.81%
  • Mods here are shit.

7 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Next Glock?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    Since the 34 is winning the poll I went by the gun store and held it. I probably shouldn't have but I did. Problem is I saw a new S&W 43c.
    Attachment 76234
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    It is a fun toy but they are finicky. Stick with a G19 MOS.
    That’s not really a problem, it’s a .22 revolver. And a Jframe. You should have a .22 revolver. And a Jframe (or LCR, if you must).

That being said, if it’s to carry, get a 642 or 442. If it’s for fun/training/to have the lightest revolver that works, the 43c sounds great.

I just use light handloads for most of my Jframe practice, FGMM for carrying them, and an M18 S&W for my .22 revolver stuff.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    That’s not really a problem, it’s a .22 revolver. And a Jframe. You should have a .22 revolver. And a Jframe (or LCR, if you must).
    I definitely agree with this but would not rely on a 43C as a pocket self defense gun. LCR is a much better plinker .22 but not as light.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I have a J frame that rarely leaves the house. I have a mRDS equipped glock 43 that disappears and is comfy on my waistline, never seen a need to go smaller than that.

Site Supporter
    So much for the Blue Label Glock I wanted. I just bought a S&W 342 ti. Something about a 10.8 ounce revolver made me want it.
    --Jason--

Site Supporter
    So much for the Blue Label Glock I wanted. I just bought a S&W 342 ti. Something about a 10.8 ounce revolver made me want it.
    THats a cool little revolver!

Ammo: FGMM wadcutters. 110gr Hornady critical defense, standard pressure.

Do not try full power 158gr or +P anything unless you enjoy recreationally slamming a hammer into your hand. 130gr FMJ might be okay, but I don’t love it. My Airweight gets the aforementioned two loads for commercial ammo that I actually carry, and 105gr moly coated cast lead over a little bit of Bullseye for most of my actual shooting.

No. I do have a SP101(3", .357) but it's not conducive to dropping in a pocket. I may sell it to fund a J frame/LCR.
    A 3” SP101 is quite appealing to many folks. Personally, I would keep it. The market will respond though if you sell.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How does POI of those two loads match up for you?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    How does POI of those two loads match up for you?
    Actually pretty well. I’m not shooting any 25yd B8s with it, though.

Site Supporter

Do not try full power 158gr or +P anything unless you enjoy recreationally slamming a hammer into your hand. 130gr FMJ might be okay, but I don’t love it. My Airweight gets the aforementioned two loads for commercial ammo that I actually carry, and 105gr moly coated cast lead over a little bit of Bullseye for most of my actual shooting.
    I do not like slamming hammers into my hands so I'll stick with your recommendations(wadcutters and 110gr Critical Defense).

Is this a gun I need to find an old box of Thunderzap ammo to shoot from it?

Quote Originally Posted by kjr_29 View Post
    A 3” SP101 is quite appealing to many folks. Personally, I would keep it. The market will respond though if you sell.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I bought it because I wanted a .357 and the SP101 is a tough little .357. I'd probably only sell it to fund another .357, maybe a 7 shot S&W 686+ with the unfluted cylinder, not that I've been looking. Or maybe a Glock 41 -- can't go wrong with a .45acp.
    --Jason--

Is this a gun I need to find an old box of Thunderzap ammo to shoot from it?
    I have 12 rounds…
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List