Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow 2 Carry Optics conversion

Shadow 2 Carry Optics conversion

I am planning on buying a Shadow 2 for Carry Optics. It looks like the main options are: CZ Custom and Cajun Gun Works. CZ is prepping an optics ready Shadow 2, but it's too heavy, and not yet available in the US.

I like the modular optic mount that CZC provides, but am a little leery about how deep the milling has to go into the slide.

I would appreciate any suggestions.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 10-08-2018 at 12:43 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Brian Enos Forum is the place for this, my friend
    Last edited by cheby; 10-08-2018 at 04:57 PM.

YVK has one in process now.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I'd go with CZC, BTW

I have two direct milled Shadow 1 pistols, and a multi optic Shadow 1 slide from CZ Custom. Their current multi optic install looks good, although I prefer direct milled based on my personal experience. Is it worth jumping through all the hoops making weight for a Shadow 2 over a Shadow 1?

Shadow 2 Carry Optics conversion

Thanks for the info by email @cheby. Very helpful.
    @GJM, the Shadow 1 doesn’t fit my hand nearly as well as the 2. Also, I want to use CO as a vehicle to improve in Production. I don’t plan on shooting it long term. It will be nice to have an extra lower in case one of mine breaks.

I’ll probably use a Romeo to save weight. I know people at Sig EO, so I can get fast replacements when they break.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 10-08-2018 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Also, I want to use CO as a vehicle to improve in Production. I don’t plan on shooting it long term. It will be nice to have an extra lower in case one of mine breaks.

I’ll probably use a Romeo to save weight. I know people at Sig EO, so I can get fast replacements when they break.
    1) yep, that is what I thought CO would help Production, but then I realized how much I love CO.

2) remember the rule of optics, four is two, and two is none. Hopefully the Acro changes that.

I am in a long and expensive process of getting this done. I don't love any of the available options but they are all what we have now. Based one benos reading, CZC plate and design is what most people do. I know that CJ Maven does that too; he used to work for the Automatic Accuracy. I know people here who didn't like milling work from CGW just for the rear sight install on CZs so I personally would pass on that shop.
    My personal problem is that I didn't want a CZ plate. Part of it was due to GJM musings about directly milled vs adapter connected. Part of it was because of some reports of those plates flying off, although it was likely an issue of correct mounting. Plate is aluminum and correct torquing is required. I went with a direct mill, with attendant problems of committing to one optic (a pitiful DPP in my case), risking of not making the weight (CZC system includes removing of a lot of weight), and cost (when it is done, my slide would have been worked on by three shops). Nevertheless I have found a number of reasons to try this project and I am looking forward to shooting it whenever it is finished.

P.S. Not sure yet if it will make the weight. I still do have a couple of options before the frame will have to be lightened.
    Last edited by YVK; 10-08-2018 at 08:18 PM.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Thanks guys. It looks like the CZC plate is the way I'm going to go. I just really hate custom guns. Pretty much all of them suck in some critical way. Guess I'll hope for a unicorn.

If the slide self-destructs or doesn't work right, I can order a new slide and I'll have an extra Production gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Thanks guys. It looks like the CZC plate is the way I'm going to go. I just really hate custom guns. Pretty much all of them suck in some critical way. Guess I'll hope for a unicorn.

If the slide self-destructs or doesn't work right, I can order a new slide and I'll have an extra Production gun.

Bet you 10 PF dollars you are shooting carry optics and not Production by next summer.

User Tag List