Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Current opinions of the Colt LE6920?

Current opinions of the Colt LE6920?

I'm looking for an AR that is ready to go out of the box with no need to scour the internet for out-of-stock parts; is the Colt LE6920 still the go-to commercial AR in the $1000 range?

Based on Chris Bartocci's comments, latest Colts are parts guns and aren't what they were 4-5 years ago.

They are good to go despite what some you tube personalities believe.

Colt outsourcing parts is not a revelation. Colt using a cage codes and laser engravers is not something that matters to professional users.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by oregon45 View Post
    I'm looking for an AR that is ready to go out of the box with no need to scour the internet for out-of-stock parts; is the Colt LE6920 still the go-to commercial AR in the $1000 range?
    The current 6920 is still a functional duty quality rifle.

The fact that it’s not exactly the same rifle as the “golden period” the masturbating fan boys like to fap over is irrelevant from a functional standpoint.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy T View Post
    Based on Chris Bartocci's comments, latest Colts are parts guns and aren't what they were 4-5 years ago.
    Colt’s guns also weren’t what they were 5 years before that.

How may years did colt use non standard pins, BCG, sear block receivers etc ?

Chris Bartocci is, at best a gun fondler obsessed with trivia.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy T View Post

That guy is a blowhard looking for enough youtube views to get enough followers to get monetized again after having a previous youtube channel cancelled.

The current 6920s are every bit the equal to the ones they’ve been making for the past 13 years.

Site Supporter
    I don't know how relevent my possibly outdated information is, but I became a pony lover after learning a bunch in Ken Elmore's armorer's course. Even after Colt lost the .gov contracts, they had the infrastructure in place in the factory to ensure the guns were still built to spec. 349 separate gauging stations to measure each component to spec. If that is still the case, and the parts are go/no go screened before assembly, then your human being is the limiting factor. Humans can allow "marginal" parts through with "good enough" and "close enough". And then you have assembly, which is a human endevor.

I have a 14 year old 6920 with just over 9k rounds through it, 5 actual cleanings, and Zero full detail stips. Usually just gets a boresnake and brake cleaner as the post annual training/qual touch up. I use this gun for everything: taking classes, teaching classes, patrol, special assignments, demos, sims training. My agency just switched to Colts, away from our long held state contract M&P15s. The difference in preventive maintnenance and repairs is night and day. We are very pleased with our purchases.

If Giselle and BCM are still cranking out good stuff, they may be cheaper, and of good quality. I would not hesitate to buy a Colt for $1k tomorrow, if I had, you know, $1k.

pat

Every rifle I own is based off a 6920 or similar model. They're a fine service rifle, that accepts incremental or wholesale upgrades easily.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    That guy is a blowhard looking for enough youtube views to get enough followers to get monetized again after having a previous youtube channel cancelled.

The current 6920s are every bit the equal to the ones they’ve been making for the past 13 years.

Just picked up a new CR6920 yesterday and other than cage codes and laser engraving I can’t tell a difference between the CR6920 and my 2013 LE6920. Scheels had them for $1199 but since they price match I was able to get it for $955 plus cost of transfer fee and shipping. (Price matched Charlie’s custom clones)

User Tag List