Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Current opinions of the Colt LE6920?

Site Supporter
    The only thing I’ve heard is the parts are different.

Now how relevant that is I am unsure. It seems not at all.

I am happy that CZ has taken ownership and I’d be interested to see if the warranty improves from one year which was Colt’s to the five for CZ.
    God Bless,

Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by Andy T View Post
    Based on Chris Bartocci's comments, latest Colts are parts guns and aren't what they were 4-5 years ago.
    who?
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    I’d be ok with a new CR6920.

But another option to consider, Colt has quietly been shipping new CR6960’s, which sell for around $1,050 - $1,100.

Basically a 16” mid-length barrel with a 13” Centurion Arms M-Lok rail.
    they seem to be commanding a premium, at the moment?

https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/098289023506

Name:  2021-08-24 07_27_42-WDADesktopService.jpg
Views: 743
Size:  49.9 KB
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

In stock CR6960’s are at a premium. But I feel the dust has yet to settle in the current market. If Colt starts shipping more of these, as well as CR6920’s, then we might see prices stabilize somewhat.

I’m currently good with AR’s. But if I were in the market for a new AR and the 6960’s got back down to the $1,050, it would be a strong contender for me.

I am very curious, and slightly hopeful that Colt will start coming out with more options due to its new CZ ownership.

We shall see…

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    if I were in the market for a new AR and the 6960’s got back down to the $1,050, it would be a strong contender for me.
    That gun, at that price, would be my "new AR" buy as well.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    they seem to be commanding a premium, at the moment?

https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/098289023506

Name:  2021-08-24 07_27_42-WDADesktopService.jpg
Views: 743
Size:  49.9 KB
    It certainly looks like it. I looked the websites of 3 local places and they were all in the $1100-1300 range for CR6920s. I don’t need another AR but I’m tempted to snag one of these and turn one of my cheap ass frugal builds into a dedicated .22 LR rig.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I just backordered another LE6945 upper. Really working hard to resist buying a LE6920. What I really should do is buy one for each of the kids.

I went through a phase of going through all the premium rifle brands, I have come full circle back to Colt.

Site Supporter
    My lgs specializes in AR's, and rifle sales have slowed down. They recently sold a new 6920 for $1000. l have two Colts, an A1 bought in 1987 and a recently bought 6920. I shoot rocks, stumps, and dirt clods with a hybrid, a Colt upper on a S&W lower. I tell people that right now there's not much price difference between an excellent AR and a shit gun.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, I'll likely pick up a 6920 here in the next few weeks. The stores I shop at locally have had them in stock for $999 for awhile now.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy T View Post
    Chris Bartocci's comments
    ...are typically twists of the data generated by weapon testing done by agencies such as my own. He's a proto-typical posturing drama queen of a gun-writer who rearranges the facts into a pattern most pleasing to him...one that tends to generate the most clicks.

That TDP is unchanged. The system either meets/exceeds the spec, or it does not. Gun is fine.

User Tag List