Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Current opinions of the Colt LE6920?

The main problem with the 6920 is that it is not the 6720.

The great thing about vanilla puddin boring nothing exciting 6920's is that we have vanilla puddin boring nothing exciting 6920's.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder9 View Post
    Man, do I ever regret getting rid of my 6720. Every time I see a 6720 referenced, I kick myself all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder9 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by texasaggie2005 View Post
    Man, do I ever regret getting rid of my 6720. Every time I see a 6720 referenced, I kick myself all over again.
    I'm still rocking one of the two 6720s I bought... damn near 15-20 years ago now? Fresh out of the ban, and they weren't selling them as flattops yet, so I had to source an M4 flattop upper to swap it out. it still wears the same Daniel Defense M4 handguard it did from the beginning, but the original ACOG I had on it has been swapped for a TA33... wait, shit, maybe this is the original optic...

only thing better than a 6720 is a 6933.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

My current gun started as a 6720 but I shot the barrel out with steel, .22 conversion, and general abuse. I swapped it for a Colt Socom barrel a few years back. I really miss my 6720. I have a buddy who has a new one he got on my recommendation but has never shot it (or even put an optic on it). I keep praying he will have some money trouble. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I'm still rocking one of the two 6720s I bought... damn near 15-20 years ago now? Fresh out of the ban, and they weren't selling them as flattops yet, so I had to source an M4 flattop upper to swap it out.
    Yep. I've swapped a bunch of 6520s over to flat top receivers, mostly using the BCM cosmetic blems here: https://bravocompanyusa.com/bcm-uppe...emo-scratched/. These have been as cheap as ~$60 at times.

I have low serial factory 6720s, very handy.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

I'm sure all the others are more correcter, but I much prefer the modern full length handguard over the old school handguards. They seem more conducive to mounting lights and slings, and I suppose I prefer the aesthetics.

If I had my heart set on Colt, I'd give a hard look at something like the 6960.

ETA: FWIW, Sportsman's Warehouse currently has the Colt Enhanced Patrol Rifle for $1299. deals.guns has several sellers I don't recognize carrying it for a bit less.
    Last edited by David S.; 08-30-2021 at 09:21 PM.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    I'm sure all the others are more correcter, but I much prefer the modern full length handguard over the old school handguards. They seem more conducive to mounting lights and slings, and I suppose I prefer the aesthetics.
    And they're a better overall fit for we knuckle-draggers.

Yes, very GTG. But darn you for posting that link.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Ditto.

I can't imagine spending my own money on a 6920 in 2021. They're a bit archaic compared to the other options out there at this point.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

At that price, though, you might as well look at a BCM RECCE-16, too.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

User Tag List