Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Current opinions of the Colt LE6920?

Colt and FN are the two that I would be perfectly comfortable about grabbing a box stock rifle and expecting it to run.

I have shot a LOT of brand spanking new M4A1s that came straight from the factory, and never, not once, was there a single problem with one functioning.

I’d be ok with a new CR6920.

But another option to consider, Colt has quietly been shipping new CR6960’s, which sell for around $1,050 - $1,100.

Basically a 16” mid-length barrel with a 13” Centurion Arms M-Lok rail.

Site Supporter

IMO Colt is still Colt. I've had a Colt carbine since 2009 and it has been flawless. It hasn't been used enough to break anything and I keep the spring fresh enough. I've since built a couple of uppers using Colt for the main parts; BCG , barrel, upper receiver and those parts have performed as expected. In my limited experience Colt is still a go to builder.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    You would have to be Ray Charles to not see what is coming. I have ZERO intent of turning this discussion political, only to point out that right now, these are available. In 6-12-18-24 months, you may not be able to buy one of these for triple this price and guys will be kicking themselves in their third point of contact, saying "Why didn't I when I had the chance?".

We will have another manufactured shooting, a "national crisis" and then some BS excuse why all of the sudden we are not allowed to buy or sell these and things like them any more.

If you don't have one and want one, waiting would not be wise with the current regime.

Just food for thought.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    You would have to be Ray Charles to not see what is coming. I have ZERO intent of turning this discussion political, only to point out that right now, these are available. In 6-12-18-24 months, you may not be able to buy one of these for triple this price and guys will be kicking themselves in their third point of contact, saying "Why didn't I when I had the chance?".

We will have another manufactured shooting, a "national crisis" and then some BS excuse why all of the sudden we are not allowed to buy or sell these and things like them any more.

If you don't have one and want one, waiting would not be wise with the current regime.

Just food for thought.
    I'm well fixed for ARs but I'm having the same internal monologue regarding an HK SP5 pistol.

The other factor for those in the AR market is that historically Colt has halted civilian AR sales when prices drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post

Just food for thought.
    I have a 6920 that’s never been shot and I don’t have the interest right now to even get it set up with an optic or zeroed. But every time I think about selling it I can’t make myself do it because of everything you just said. I’m afraid we might be at the tail end of the good old days right now.

Shit, I may buy another couple just to make sure my kids and grandkids have some.

Yep,

Kids/Grandkids definitely will need a good AR. Along with a hunting rifle (if that is something that is part of your culture) a good .22 rifle, and a good handgun.

Equally as important is educating them in the skill sets to use such tools, along with being able to appreciate the outdoors, and being self sufficient.

Raising little Wolverines takes a lot of time, effort and commitment.

But they are worth it.

Do it while you can.

Our kids can definitely hang out together.

Mine are all getting a 9mm pistol, a 12 gauge, a good AR, and a 308 bolt gun. If they want a 350 legend or a 450 bushmaster to go deer hunting with their old man around home I’ll happily oblige that too.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    I have a 6920 that’s never been shot and I don’t have the interest right now to even get it set up with an optic or zeroed. But every time I think about selling it I can’t make myself do it because of everything you just said. I’m afraid we might be at the tail end of the good old days right now.

Shit, I may buy another couple just to make sure my kids and grandkids have some.
    Don't forget plenty of mags. They are a wear item and are currently cheap and availible.

User Tag List