Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Selection Bias in Drill Performance

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Or he is just an asshole.

As a side: JCN has personally been great to me. I won't elaborate because he asked me not to but my personal code made me speak up for better or for worst. Pistol-forum has always been a place to share our different backgrounds, skills, and prop each other up. I have shot with people all over the country because of this forum and have always walked away blown away by how kind and skilled they are. I hope JCN recognizes that he can pass it on in a similar way. Delivery is a huge part of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by MickAK View Post
    That is certainly possible but I've watched him devote a lot of effort to helping people get better and I genuinely think he wants everyone to to succeed. I've never understood the hate he got here or the distractions his posts always seem to generate.

I don't know a lot of high performance people that aren't kinda A-holes in one way or another. Stoeger got banned here if I recall correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    and you could be correct and I could be in the wrong. Based off this thread split, it does really come off pompous.
    Quote Originally Posted by camel View Post
    I think the problem with Jcn. Is his writing. It seems pompous.
    Or you could all be correct.

I can devote a lot of effort in helping people get better, genuinely want everyone to succeed...

AND be a pompous asshole.

There is a difference between win/win and win/lose. What is it, every two or three weeks we have a new thread where he says X (Hackathorn, White, Langdon, Leatham) person sucks and has B class skills. I am way over it, because despite the promise to do better, we are forever in the same place.

When some person on Pistol Forum says crappy things, it reflects on all Pistol Forum members. Based not on merit but on style, I stopped reading his technical stuff a long time ago, but do feel the need to comment when he runs down others, so his words don’t become the forum’s words. It is a shame because he has technical ability and a curiosity to experiment, but someone forgot to install his filter.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Or you could all be correct.

I can devote a lot of effort in helping people get better, genuinely want everyone to succeed...

AND be a pompous asshole.
    As long as you know who you are. 😂

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    It is a shame because he has technical ability and a curiosity to experiment, but someone forgot to install his filter.
    If I was a betting man I'd say that's a lot closer than you think.

I like it when people talk about shooting on Pistol-Forum.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I like it when people talk about shooting on Pistol-Forum.
    Shooting is really pretty simple. Align the angle, align it quickly, align it quickly on multiple planes in multiple angles with vectors and all the nerdy stuff.

It's having sweaty humans do it on command that's the trouble. Hence all the talk I guess.

User Tag List