Thread: I may just also get a Brownells slide, but I have a dilemma!

I may just also get a Brownells slide, but I have a dilemma!

I'm likely to go forward with getting a Gen5 19 and Gen5 17 milled for red dots...but....I'm very tempted to also try out a Brownells slide for one of my Gen3's or for a Gen4 gun.

BTW, I called Brownells and they indeed do not offer their slides for Gen5's.

At this point I'm experiencing analysis paralysis though over what gun I'd get the Brownell's slide for:
    a Gen3 G19, a Gen4 G17, or a Gen4 G17...The gun would be used for training, dry and live, to get squared away on RDS's, and for Concealed Carry. I could conceal a G17 quite well AIWB, but I do prefer a G19 for carry.

As far as the G17's go is there an argument one could make for getting a Gen3 as opposed to a Gen4 RMR slide?

Is there a good argument to go G19 vs G17 RDS, or vice versa?

I know very subjective, but I just thought I'd see what all you pistoleros have to say!

Gen3 19
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

It seems you answered your own question- 19.

Slightly smaller, conceals well. Sight radius not a concern, so if you shoot it well, go for it.

I have 3 Brownells RMR cut slides (two G19/3 and one G17/3). I recommend getting the Gen 3 slide and using a Gen 4 frame gap spacer/adapter so that you can use the slide on a Gen 4. If you get the Gen 4 slide, it will only work on a Gen 4 frame. I've been using a Gen 3 slide on a Gen 4 frame with an adapter for several years and have not experienced any problems with that combination.
    Chuck Brazeau

Quote Originally Posted by BrazeauRacing View Post
    I have 3 Brownells RMR cut slides (two G19/3 and one G17/3). I recommend getting the Gen 3 slide and using a Gen 4 frame gap spacer/adapter so that you can use the slide on a Gen 4. If you get the Gen 4 slide, it will only work on a Gen 4 frame. I've been using a Gen 3 slide on a Gen 4 frame with an adapter for several years and have not experienced any problems with that combination.
    Intriguing! thanks for the idea!

User Tag List